K-2 Viper?

Drew

I want to change from a T5 HO setup to a metal halide setup for better light.

I want a nice setup but i don't want to piece everything together. I was looking at this light system but i have a few questions. I have a 46G bow front... would i need two of these? Anyone have experience with these lights? Any better options?

Im not sure where to start (nutty)

Hmmmmmmmm, that is a quandary.....

2x250 is way too much, but, a 2x150 would be more than enough, especially if you spend the money for a good fixture, no cheap(no offense Brad) Ebay fixtures, you want something that's got good reflectors in it....How wide(long) is your tank?

Ive been looking at MH+T5 fixures but most 36" are 1 MH. Only 2MH+T5 i found was over $800 (cant remember brand, came up on a google search). I was hoping for something around 500ish.

I found the K-2 Viper because 2 of those at around $180 is less than $400.

Im not sure on the dimensions but if my memory serves me right you could very easily do 2 vipers on that tank. It would not only look good but also make things fairly easy when it comes to putting corals n whatnot in the tank since youd only have to flip one up instead of shifting a fixture lol.

I would look around, there are always some good Mh/T5 for sale around here. I have a Viper 150w I bought to use over a small frag tank, instead i ended up using it over my fuge section of the sump. Its a good quality fixture but the par for the light is really low. Current USA and many others makes some nice combo fixtures, the link you listed for one 250 is 399.00 and you wouldnt have any actinics or moon/led's (for night looks), again I'd look around for a combo

Hmmmmmmmm, that is a quandary.....

2x250 is way too much, but, a 2x150 would be more than enough, especially if you spend the money for a good fixture, no cheap(no offense Brad) Ebay fixtures, you want something that's got good reflectors in it....How wide(long) is your tank?

No offense taken, I got to disagree though, I ran an odyssey fixture for nearly 2 years and would do it all over again, I think my corals did not look to shabby-but I am biased, besides I sell name brand corals so I support "buying a name brand"-LOL

which ever way (brand you go) I would think dual 150MH w T5 actinices to supplement would be great, if you get a fixture with compacts you can convert to T5's for like 10.00 (minus bulbs of course)

VIVA LA EBAY

I think that link has some 36" inchers LMAO

EBAY EBAY EBAY (spoken with a spanish accent)

Picture of pissed of tank with odyssey fixture;

Sorry had to search for an OLD photo-

Part of it is about the husbandry

IMG_1342.jpg