Need good DVD movie choices

moovinfast

Thanks everyone for the movie and show suggestions. Feel free to keep adding them. Ive seen most of the movies listed, but most I havent seen in a while. I started the Dexter series, but stopped watching it. Too graphic for my wife. I just finished the It Crowd series. If you're a nerd and like British comedy you'll like it. I couldnt really get into the Lost, Heros, or The Office series. I tried, just can't do it. I think Ill give True Blood a try. Everyone seems to like it. Might also look into The Wire. Havent seen or heard anything about it before.

As far as comic movies go I think Ive seen most of them. Havent seen the Green Hornet or Green Lantern movies yet, but I want to. Pretty sure I don't want to watch the first Hulk movie or Electra again though. And for some reason I didn't really like the Watchmen movie. I also think I own all big Kevin Smith movies. Ive even seen a lot of the interviews he has done.

Movies listed I havent seen yet: Two Lane Black Top, American Graffitti, Big Wednesday, Endless Summer one and two, Two Mules For Sister Sarah, Intrepid, The Best Two Years.

Going to add them to my queue along with several others I haven't seen in a while. Someone listed Dr Who. Did you mean the Old series, or the new one? Ive seen all of the old and about half of the new. I used to even have a wind up Dalex. But it go lost in a move I think.

Some of my favorite movies include Top Gun, Almost all the Pixar movies, The Fifth Element, A Knights Tale, Death Race, Army of Darkness, Taken, and the Band of Brothers Series. I love old war movies. I think this is the best so far.

If you like something different Being John Malkovich is hilarious. I like Weeds on showtime. Not sure if these were listed but if you like Tim Robbins Jacob's ladder, Bull Durham and the Hudsucker proxy were good. I have never gotten into vampire movies or series as much as I have tried. Could not watch all of Twilight and as far as Team Edward or Jacob , is I don't care an option? LOL

For some reason Top Gun is one of my favorite movies even though I think Tom Cruise is highly annoying these days.

If you like something different Being John Malkovich is hilarious. I like Weeds on showtime. Not sure if these were listed but if you like Tim Robbins Jacob's ladder, Bull Durham and the Hudsucker proxy were good. I have never gotten into vampire movies or series as much as I have tried. Could not watch all of Twilight and as far as Team Edward or Jacob , is I don't care an option? LOL

For some reason Top Gun is one of my favorite movies even though I think Tom Cruise is highly annoying these days.

You forgot :

The Shawshank Redemption for Tim Robbins. One of the very best IMHO.

I liked Being John Malkovitch too, Kim.

You forgot :

The Shawshank Redemption for Tim Robbins. One of the very best IMHO.

I liked Being John Malkovitch too, Kim.

Oh Yes Shawshank redemption is an awesome movie and Franklin (or is it Corn dog Johhny?) you are one of the few people I know who has seen Being John Malkovich.

As far as movies that I can watch over and over and over again Shawshank redemption is one of them. Tombstone with Val Kilmer. 310 to Yuma with Christian Bale was good. I like most movies with him.

I'm sorry, but I can't watch 310 to Yuma, tried it, but the original is just so much better, and I REFUSE to ever consider watching True Grit, remaking a John Wayne movie, IMO, is pure blasphemy an the Director/Producer should be stood up an shot for even considering it, much less doing it.

I'm sorry' date=' but I can't watch 310 to Yuma, tried it, but the original is just so much better, and I REFUSE to ever consider watching True Grit, remaking a John Wayne movie, IMO, is pure blasphemy an the Director/Producer should be stood up an shot for even considering it, much less doing it.[/quote']

Ahhh Mick it was a good movie. Remakes are always difficult to do because there is always the purist crowd who will knock it before it even goes into production. I mean look how great Grease II was!;) I hear the remake of True Grit is a good movie.

Inglourious Basterds is the first movie of Tarantinos I've liked. Including ones hes just helped with.

I like most of Tarantino's movies. I liked Kill Bill. I loved pulp fiction and Inglorious basterds is another movie I never get tired of seeing over and over again. I heart dark humor.

I understand that Kim, but there's just some movies that should never ever ever be remade, an that includes every John Wayne movie ever made, I don't care how good modern cameras are, an computers an what not, they will never, EVER be as good as the originals, and it's a slap in the face to The Duke to ever remake one of his films, especially a classic like True Grit.

I understand that Kim' date=' but there's just some movies that should never ever ever be remade, an that includes every John Wayne movie ever made, I don't care how good modern cameras are, an computers an what not, they will never, EVER be as good as the originals, and it's a slap in the face to The Duke to ever remake one of his films, especially a classic like True Grit.[/quote']

LOL You crack me up Mick. I get this image of you with a gun at production saying "Directors who remake John Wayne films should be hanged like horse thieves". Sometimes remakes are better than the originals. I'm not a big movie buff so the only one I can think of off the top of my head was that wonderful Ben Affleck gem "Gigli" ;).

You're right Kim, some remakes are better, but some movies should never be remade. It'd be like them remaking Gone With the Wind, it's perfect the way it is, it should never be redone. John Wayne movies are the same way, they're perfect just the way they are, nobody else can play the roles The Duke did, they shouldn't even try.

The remake of True Grit was done by the Cohen Brothers and was pretty respectful of the original I thought' date=' Mick. While not my favorite Cohen Bros. movie, it was a good watch and Jeff Bridges was believable. Might want to give it a try?[/quote']

Franklin don't bother Micks just a little stubborn. He won't give an inch LOL! I mean without a remakes there wouldn't have been Psycho. Who needs that Alfred Hitchcock version (laugh) speaking of we need a list of the worse movies.

Personally, I detest the Cohen Brothers, I thought No country was boring as all get out....

But then again, I'm the same guy who can watch all 3 LOTR movies back to back to back to back to back to back for 3-4 days straight an never flinch LOL

Saw each of them at least a dozen times, a piece, in theatres LOL

The Cohen brothers have made some great films! Was I the only one who hated Lord of the Rings? I tried to like that movie because it got such good reviews but I had to turn it off when Liv Tyler did that elfin talk. I hate subtitles lol! I'm not much for fantasy but loved avatar go figure.