Eugene Tank Tour?

Algae

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just booked us for 12:00 noon on Saturday the 29th.in the back room.

Map

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=countryside+pizza&fb=1&gl=us&hq=countryside+pizza&hnear=Eugene,+OR&cid=0,0,11808674677463720161&ei=P7dATfOgBYKosQO6rqmRCg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDcQnwIwAw

We should finish by 1:15 because of another booking at 1:30 but I am sure we will all be stoked to see reef systems!

Perfect! Are we all pitching in on pizza or buying separate?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Seriously, have you seen the size of Jon? Little Keebler Elves like me don't stand a chance at getting a fair shake at a Pizza.(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

I want to come to this so bad. I am bummed I have to work. I am gonna see what I can do to make it though.

We hope to meet you too! The reefers (lol) in the Eugene area are a hoot!

ALSO; we have made the decision to NOT drill my new Corner tank. Being that it is a different shape and not your standard rectangle it makes me more nervous to drill it, as I don't have a "backup tank" just in case.

SO; what we were thinking of doing is, buying acrylic sheets and having a demonstration on how to build an acrylic sump... how does that sound?

I was thinking of using everyone's expertise together lol

We will need: Acrylic, cement or acrylic bonding glue, rags and alcohol to clean and prep, a large handfull of bread ties ( to stage the pieces away from each other) , silicone and 1" squares from thin acrylic material to stage the baffles ( see Nnewhouse's thread on RC "how to build a sump in 2 hours" ) a drill and hole saw if it is to be drilled.

Why would we need silicone?

I have weldon, syringe applicator, acetone, drill, table saw, angle squares (i can mess these up though need them for my glass tank build) and lots of clamps.

I also have acrylic already cut for a small frag tank I was planning to make someday.

Well I just booked us for 12:00 noon on Saturday the 29th.in the back room.

Map

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=countryside+pizza&fb=1&gl=us&hq=countryside+pizza&hnear=Eugene,+OR&cid=0,0,11808674677463720161&ei=P7dATfOgBYKosQO6rqmRCg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDcQnwIwAw

We should finish by 1:15 because of another booking at 1:30 but I am sure we will all be stoked to see reef systems!

Upinder:

River Road. The place is called Countryside

Tomorrow I can go and get the supplies we'd need to build an acrylic sump. Can we all pool ideas together for it? Is it something you all would wan to help with?

Can I get a list of what i would need?

Depends on time for me.

Supplies needed off the top of my head:

acrylic

glue

applicator

pins

angle squares

tape

clamps

tape measure

cleanup supplies