Maroon clown.

pnkrcklives

I tried to pair two up and and I gave it the best chance I could. I let them go at it for almost 2 weeks and it never got any better. Ones fins were all but gone and he had to hide in the back all the time. He only came out to try and find food when the other was hiding at night. It was sad to see and they ended up having to be split up. It just wasn't gonna happen. One would have died soon if I didn't intervene. Don't know if their is truth to this but I've been told Maroons are some of the hardest to pair up. You may be better off buying a mated pair instead. Maybe use yours for trade...

The one I have now is very submissive. He has 3 true percs in the tank with him. And I find them all in the same nem or frog spawn quite frequently. I think I will give it a shot when I find the right size maroon. From my research I think it can be done, because they will both go into the new tank at the same time.

I would say that if the one you have now is submitting to the percs you have then you either have a male or one that has not yet matured. Yes I would say that a normal maroon and a gold stripe will mate up. You just have to play the game of finding two that will tolerate each other. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...