Dexter's Reef Lab

grassi

So I've been experimenting in the last few weeks.

I bought a few Berghia Nudis from the group buy and I'm breeding them in the basement. I set up a tank for growing the food, the infamous rock anemones and one tank for the nudis.

Let me say that it is challenging. You have to grow aiptasia at a good rate, trying to apply the opposite of a good tank husbandry. Then you have to find a way to transfer the anemones from the growing tank to the breeding tank. Each single day.

The difficult part is to not transfer pods and stuff like that, because they will eat the eggs. At now I'm hunting pods...

You also have to be sure that each nudi had his/her food (their color will tell you).

And off course you have to do water changes every other day and keep the breeding tank clean.

Now I know why they are so expensive.

This is a video of the anemones tank, where I found a weird creature swimming.

It is the small thing floating

I wanted to share:

Alex you should send a message to the guy on reef2reef that I got the nudis from to begin with. I read somewhere where he will treat the aiptasia with aiptasia x to get the aiptasia to really propgate. I have his number if you want it.

You missed your calling by the way. You love research. I just like for someone to do all the work and study and give me the conclusions!

That is totally cool dude!! Have you put your hand in there to see if it will sting you??? LOL J/K I have been stung by one' date=' it is no fun![/quote']

Actually, only now I think about that... gloves next time :)

I've been stung many times, and once I had to go to the ER. But I remember stepping on a urchin being even worst :)

Alex you should send a message to the guy on reef2reef that I got the nudis from to begin with. I read somewhere where he will treat the aiptasia with aiptasia x to get the aiptasia to really propgate. I have his number if you want it.

You missed your calling by the way. You love research. I just like for someone to do all the work and study and give me the conclusions!

The contact would be great. I was thinking to ask some advices to Antony Calfo as well

Alex' date=' I think your next project should be a rare type fish, maybe a wrasse or an angel(pygmy or dwarf) to attempt to breed in captivity.[/quote']

I'm not a fish guy, you know. Actually I'm pretty good at killing them :(

Dave is the guy