Noobtosalt orders hush gag

Gill

So I stumbled across a thread last night that Noobtosalt had started. In the thread he publicly bashed a sponsor for not giving him a new ballast after the one he purchased used failed. (nutty) I found this to be ridiculous on many levels and stated such in the thread. Then he has the audacity to send me a PM stating that I am making the company look bad. (scratch) He says the issue had been resolved, but he failed to mention this in his irate thread were he repeatedly bashed them publicly. Now he has closed the thread still with no mention of a resolution? This IMO is irresponsible on his part. (nono)

Perhaps the closing of threads should be left to Mods and not the sometimes irresponsible members who start them.

Ahhhh Gill it ain't no big deal.. LOL.

I for one love having the ability to close my own thread. It makes me feel like an adult and that I can actually close a thread myself when it seems to have taken a drama filled turn for the worse most recently my pedestrian thread! :)

Seriously I think the weather is getting to everyone. Me included!

Better do a pole.

Nah Robert.. We should space out our drama and polls!(laugh)

Speaking of closing threads, Gill I think you should close this one. It just makes it look like you have some personal vendetta against Noobtosalt. I know you don't but this thread just yells "I want more drama in the forum!" and trust me I would know of such threads!;)

Again mods can reopen threads if needed.

you know its not an accident us guys know how to spell the word pole.

Really? I thought the title poll queen had no double meaning at all....;)(laugh)

Speaking of double meanings..... was I the only one to find humor in the various clam threads and titles that repeatedly bumped to the top?(whistle)

I don't plan on being a part of the hanging of myself in this thread but just got home and felt that since "Gill" is so upset that I would post what was sent from him what my reply was back. If you plan on doing a personal hanging go for it but I'm not going to take part in this. I will definately be following this thread bashing on me but it's all text anyways.

What's that old saying: Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me...(laugh)

My PM to Gill at 4:49 pm (before this thread was created btw):

It was done and over with a month ago. Sure I was pissed at the time but I didn't see reason to keep the thread open and give them more bad publicity than I already did. I thought I closed the thread a long time ago. Not blaming you just suprised you brought out a dead thread. Just seems like you and I have different out looks on things. I dealt with it in a childish way and appologized to them about it. Just didn't want to adds more fuel to the fire again.

Gill's Reply to my first PM:

Are you seriously going to blame ME for making them look bad? I should have looked at the date of the last post, but you are the one who posted in the first place. YOU never said that it had been resolved anywhere that I read. You are the one who drug there name through the mud. In future I suggest you think before you type and stop trying to shut people up when they don't agree with you. You are the one ruffling feathers, I only responded to YOUR tirade.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find the PM I sent the first time but maybe he can go ahead and post it. My issues with Gill's post was that there was no reason to continue on the old thread. I don't need to speak up to him. He's trying to bait me into going through some more bs on the boards that I will not stoop down to his level about. He's sticking up for his friend yet again during one of my threads (which I said many times in the thread that Joel was great btw). I didn't think I had any issues with Gill but from here forth I obviously can't agree on anything with this guy. Sorry buddy, not sure what your deal is with me.

Here is the original PM

I put that thread to rest a month ago. And for your information I worked in electronics retail for 10 years and after the basic return policy your on your own with the manufacture (this goes for pretty much any big box retail not just electronics). Little mom and pop shops go through the hassle but bigger stores don't. I'm guessing you only deal with little stores on all things based on your comments but I was trying to explain that in my line of business that you deal with the manufacture not the store. Sure we deal with smaller shops here with saltwater but I still wouldn't expect to make the shop jump through the hoops. It's my product once it leaves there store not theirs. They aren't making any more money on it. Anyways not sure why you were trying to ruffle some feathers here but I closed the thread. I took care of it with Joel and everything is fine now. It's my fault I didn't close the thread in the first place but everytime that thread gets bumped up it looks bad for them as well.