Setting up a 55 fowlr

pnkrcklives

I am in the process in setting up a new tank wanted some opinions/ideas so I can start making a plan. I was toying with the idea of doing black sand. Then I would love to do some schooling fish. But Cant find anything really. Besides chromis(could transfer from my reef and get new reef fish). I heard most damsels might but dont get along large groups. I really cant make up my mind yet. I go back and forth day to day. I do like triggers but never kept any. I think in a 55 its not doable. So may save the agressive fish for the 75. I will be doing after the 55 is up. Here is my plan so far. 55gallon tank, 220w vho, 75lbs live sand ,75lbs live rock, sump with skimmer, and fudge. PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND!!!

Any one on here have black sand in a tank? I really would like to try it. Cant find any conclusive reviews. There are several different companies selling live black sand. Just dont wanna shell out the cash and hate it. Think it would look sweet if you could get sweet deep purple rocks growing.

My 2nd tank back into reefing had black sand, it was "different". I bought it used and that was the sand he had-I ended up getting rid of it

It just (to me) seemed wrong-(laugh)

Vanderbuilts will school, they are a form of chromis I believe. Our sponsor from Hawaii has them from time to time, I bought 4 for that purpose not realizing that they need room to school-my tank is stuffed, so I got rid of them. They are reef safe and friendly

Maybe on a future build I have in mind I'll try them again, the idea sounds cools seeing them school