Reeflo Snapper big enough for 300 gallon

reefnjunkie

Nailed it exactely 300DD

I have always enjoyed double D's

(scratch)

(laugh)

QUOTE=grassi;226823]Brad, you have to tell us more :)

Are you gonna put a mountain in the tank and light it as a rock concert or are you planning a japanese garden kinda thing with spot light? :)

I think you jest.....

BUT...

You did mention that flow will vary depending on rockscape.

I have about 350lbs of LR (or will be live by then) 4 BIG pieces and the rest pretty good size 3 island type formations and will have 3-400 MH in the back of the tank side by side and 2-250MH on the ends in the front-the 250 will be DE and in this reflector;

http://www.marinedepot.com/Sunlight_Supply_Lumen_Max_2_Single_Ended_Mogul_Base_Reflector_Single_Ended_Metal_Halide_Pendants-Sunlight_Supply_Inc-SL1521-FILTFIMHPDSE-vi.html

I am hoping I can angle those so they "point" or direct the light towards the center since they will be on each end/side of the tank and I want to avoid a dim center front area.

The tank has 2 supports so it basically has 3 sections-a single mogul 400 watt over each section in the rear and the DE 250 on the sides pointing inward.

I will then run 4-36" 95 watt VHO actinic around the outer sides, 2 side by side front and back.

Not sure if that paints a very good picture.

Oh, I am thinking I will get a business license for 125.00 since I will sell frags like I am presently, and write off all the additional costs as a business expense-(whistle)

Now if you were pulling my leg about telling you more, you got me-(nono)

The tank has 2 supports so it basically has 3 sections-a single mogul 400 watt over each section in the rear and the DE 250 on the sides pointing inward.

I will then run 4-36" 95 watt VHO actinic around the outer sides, 2 side by side front and back.

Dig the VHO's and I can't wait to see what it looks like in 2 years!

LMK, if you want some help.

So will your 300 have any kind of canopy front or will it be acessed from behind the tank?

Its gonna be an inwall and so far I have not seen many designs since it will be 8-9 months out, but I really like the design Danik did on his light set up.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16071

I am remodeling my Family room and the garage shares the F/R wall, I will be building a fish room in the garage-

I've been surfing RC and R2R since they have "large tanks" sections.

Just gathering ideas and equipment as I see deals-

Really the only equipment I dont have yet are the MP60's and I want a cone skimmer-So I search the classifieds for deals-I grabbed a great deal on an Icecap 660 with everything earlier for the VHO's

You have the tank? Lets see some pic's!

9 monthes? comon, we could have the fish room framed, drywalled and the tank hole cut out on the garage side in one day, taped the next, sanded and touched up the next and painted. room done in 5 days. Once you have the roon mocked up then run the elect, takes a day or two. prob 3 weeks to put water in it if we start tomorrow :)

[

You have the tank? Lets see some pic's!

9 monthes? comon, we could have the fish room framed, drywalled and the tank hole cut out on the garage side in one day, taped the next, sanded and touched up the next and painted. room done in 5 days. Once you have the roon mocked up then run the elect, takes a day or two. prob 3 weeks to put water in it if we start tomorrow :)

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Before the tank gets set up the F/R needs to be remodeled (this is going to be an inwall in that room), I need to move my 75 gallon. I have a brand new Marineland 150 sitting in my garage right now waiting to be set up.

I have to wait until after Christmas because the 150 is going in the L/R, it is merely a "transition tank" while the F/R gets remodeled-which I think will take 3-5 days for a complete remodel

I plan to frame everything in when the remodel takes place but sheet rock it up so later all I have to do is cut the sheet rock out and everything is in place.

During the spring/summer I will build the fish room in the garage and then BAM put it all together, so this time next year you will see a nice near new Marineland 150 tank, stand, skimmer, return pump. etc etc for sale-LOL

QUOTE=grassi;226823]Brad, you have to tell us more :)

Are you gonna put a mountain in the tank and light it as a rock concert or are you planning a japanese garden kinda thing with spot light? :)

I think you jest.....

BUT...

You did mention that flow will vary depending on rockscape.

I have about 350lbs of LR (or will be live by then) 4 BIG pieces and the rest pretty good size 3 island type formations and will have 3-400 MH in the back of the tank side by side and 2-250MH on the ends in the front-the 250 will be DE and in this reflector;

http://www.marinedepot.com/Sunlight_Supply_Lumen_Max_2_Single_Ended_Mogul_Base_Reflector_Single_Ended_Metal_Halide_Pendants-Sunlight_Supply_Inc-SL1521-FILTFIMHPDSE-vi.html

I am hoping I can angle those so they "point" or direct the light towards the center since they will be on each end/side of the tank and I want to avoid a dim center front area.

Not sure if that paints a very good picture.

Oh, I am thinking I will get a business license for 125.00 since I will sell frags like I am presently, and write off all the additional costs as a business expense-(whistle)

Now if you were pulling my leg about telling you more, you got me-(nono)

For the rock, it depends on the specific weight and so the surface area, so I can't have a precise idea. But seems you are gonna have a good amount of rock in the display, so a rapid flow sump is probably not necessary.

I mean, you are probably have some different than this:

DSC_0075.jpg

Instead of buying a normal reflector and turn it, you could consider some spotlight (either mh or led).

tripod4ap6.jpg

T005.jpg