2 tanks 1 sump questions

NoobtoSalt

You mentioned 10g sump, then someone said drill....I suggest acrylic or have kim put up a poll on how many 10g tanks break when drilling. If you do drill the 10g, go very very very slow with zero pressure and running water (hose) to keep it lubricated and cool. I know it sounds like common sense, but would want those to "chime in " on drilling a 10g. Just a heads up.

I'm running a 90g with a 40breeder sump. I have a 33 long as a display fuge for above the 90g. I'm going to plumb a mag 18(internal wet) tee'd to run the octopus 300 skimmer, chiller, media chamber and the return for both the 90g and the 33 fuge with gate valves to dial evrything together. Wish me luck

You mentioned 10g sump, then someone said drill....I suggest acrylic or have kim put up a poll on how many 10g tanks break when drilling. If you do drill the 10g, go very very very slow with zero pressure and running water (hose) to keep it lubricated and cool. I know it sounds like common sense, but would want those to "chime in " on drilling a 10g. Just a heads up.

I'm running a 90g with a 40breeder sump. I have a 33 long as a display fuge for above the 90g. I'm going to plumb a mag 18(internal wet) tee'd to run the octopus 300 skimmer, chiller, media chamber and the return for both the 90g and the 33 fuge with gate valves to dial evrything together. Wish me luck

Yeah the drilling is for the main 27 gallon tank itself not the sump to my knowledge. I may get a bigger tank than 10 gallons for the sump but was just thinking outloud. The main reason I wanted to get this all tied in together was so I didn't have to buy another skimmer as well. It still may be more cost effective for me to get a new sump to tie in both tanks versus buying another skimmer.

And if you don't have enough room for a fuge under your tanks run a display fuge next to your tanks and gravity feed from the tank to the fuge then from the fuge to the sump. Works quite well

Thats a sexy idea. Did you do this? I think I might if display fuge's are nice looking. Good stuff, I think I'll incorporate this ;) thx yo.

Just out of interest, would you be willing to post a pic of your display fuge? This idea sounds so cool.

We have everything running into one sump. Our 150 runs into the fuge then into the sump. The 90 runs into the same sump and so will the frag tank. Then water is fed back out to all 3 tanks. Put the 150 leading into the fuge to cut down on nitrates because of it being a aggressive tank. It works really nicely and makes water changes really easy to.

Thats a sexy idea. Did you do this? I think I might if display fuge's are nice looking. Good stuff' date=' I think I'll incorporate this ;) thx yo.[/quote']

I have done this with all my tanks. It does look pretty cool. Kinda gives you a look at a whole different ecosystem.