Auto water changes have begun

Frank

OK, so we will need some all thread & nuts to mount the heads. Do we need anything to connect the pumps to the shaft? I keep hearing LS etc.

Anyone know of a link to the older pump & head info?

Here is the way to load the heads. Love the robustness of the rollers!

8/32" all thead and some nuts is all you need to mount the pump heads to the pump. You can come see mine if you want just give me a call.

All the info should be on masterflex.com

Tubing sizes depend only on the pump head you buy.

Pump, controller, 4 heads $35 is high bid!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cole-Parmer-Masterflex-Lab-Pump-Set-/380296257347?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item588b6c5f43

Variable speed pump with 2 easy load pump heads$159!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Masterflex-Console-Drive-Easy-Load-II-L-S-/280600715505?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item41551b20f1

8/32" all thead and some nuts is all you need to mount the pump heads to the pump. You can come see mine if you want just give me a call.

All the info should be on masterflex.com

Tubing sizes depend only on the pump head you buy.

Pump, controller, 4 heads $35 is high bid!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cole-Parmer-Masterflex-Lab-Pump-Set-/380296257347?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item588b6c5f43

Variable speed pump with 2 easy load pump heads$159!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Masterflex-Console-Drive-Easy-Load-II-L-S-/280600715505?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item41551b20f1

Yeah I saw this first one. Could not tell what RPM. I believe they are mostly gear reduction units (like the one you got that had a high RPM).

Looks like this one has been run hard and put in the barn wet. Then again they are industrial quality!

I have heard that the single speed units (like yours) are more reliable. But compared to most reef (re. hobby) units they are all MUCH stronger.

I still have a 24hr. offer on the controller and have sent a message for info on the pump that I linked on the other thread.

I can do that' date=' but since its Frank's thread lets make sure its ok with him first :D[/quote']

Cool! Was not sure how that worked. I'll call ya!

Still hate the Masterflex site. I was on page 1500 and still wandering around. Still can't find any archived info on old model pump and speed controller compatibility or model speed of specific older models. Considering the build quality and original retail price we are getting a major bargain !

ALGAE!! Sorry I missed your call! I was at the fights! I will call you soon!! We will have to get together for a brainstorm session and pick Impurs brain a little bit! I want to do this asap!

Clay

Hey Buddy! All I heard when you picked up the phone was yelling and punching sounds. Thought you were having a "domestic discussion" and figured that I should quickly hang up.

Going to the fights? I thought you were "Mr. Sunshine and Smiles"? You must have recently had your testosterone shot?

I went over and looked at Miles set-up the other day! Really cool and built like a Mack truck!

There are a few ways to go with these units. Basically you need a 100 RPM motor (gear reduced) OR a variable speed unit with a compatible controller. You further control the speed by the choice of heads/tubing (some units such as the Quick Load II take various size tubing).

These units can also do 1 part or 2 part (even 4 part dosing).

Ya got an Esnipe account? We can post back and forth on possible Fleabay deals.

• 3 weeks later...

I won a motor on ebay today and will be getting some masterflex pump heads hopefully soon. I cant wait to start auto water changes. I was over at Frank's the other day and caught the bug. Got what looks to be a very good condition 7531-10 100 rpm motor for $110.00 and found a place selling heads for 29.99 but I made them a lower offer so we will see.

I won a motor on ebay today and will be getting some masterflex pump heads hopefully soon. I cant wait to start auto water changes. I was over at Frank's the other day and caught the bug. Got what looks to be a very good condition 7531-10 100 rpm motor for $110.00 and found a place selling heads for 29.99 but I made them a lower offer so we will see.

Very Good! I've been doing some checking and got out-sniped on one and am requesting info on another.

We are the new converts!

I got the 7016-20 heads. I couldn't find the 7017-20's for cheap and I have no patients to wait and track some down. I think the other heads will be just fine' date=' it will only use a little more electricity with the 7016's.[/quote']

I saw the 16's on fleabay. A good deal! 17's and 25's are hard to find at a good price.

Anyone know if it's an issue to have the waste water run 5' vertical and 20' horizontal then back down. While the new water is only pumping out of the reservoir 5' and a few feet to the sump? This would allow me to have the wast water go to a drain instead of through the wall and on the ground.

Anyone know if it's an issue to have the waste water run 5' vertical and 20' horizontal then back down. While the new water is only pumping out of the reservoir 5' and a few feet to the sump? This would allow me to have the wast water go to a drain instead of through the wall and on the ground.

Not sure how the masterflex pumps deal with any head pressure (although that much run is prob not that much). The litermeter compensates by a calibration routine. I run my waste up 10 feet and across my garage and into a sink with no problems... I assume these pumps could do this also.

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying to join the club! Negotiating on a couple of pumps. I am going to get a pump for my Kalk reactor too and dump my aqualifter. Hell, I might even do a two-part at some time. I love good equipment at a reasonable price!

One question: On the standard head is there a need to use the dooleybob key tubing winder thingy (technical term)?

Still trying to join the club! Negotiating on a couple of pumps. I am going to get a pump for my Kalk reactor too and dump my aqualifter. Hell, I might even do a two-part at some time. I love good equipment at a reasonable price!

One question: On the standard head is there a need to use the dooleybob key tubing winder thingy (technical term)?

No you don't need the key to install the tubing in the pump head. But i have 2 keys so you can have one if you like.

If you get the right pump heads, it could do your WC and dosing all with 1 pump. For example you could get a pump that accepts 4 heads like mine and Frank's, then get 2 pump heads that do say 200-300ml/min for WC and 2 pump heads that do 10ml/min for dosing and you are set!

No you don't need the key to install the tubing in the pump head. But i have 2 keys so you can have one if you like.

If you get the right pump heads, it could do your WC and dosing all with 1 pump. For example you could get a pump that accepts 4 heads like mine and Frank's, then get 2 pump heads that do say 200-300ml/min for WC and 2 pump heads that do 10ml/min for dosing and you are set!

These pumps are so cool! I've got a line on a couple of 17's (like the larger diameter for the possibility of less clogging). As an added bonus I can do my own Industrial IV drip into my arm!

I'll give ya a call so we can frag, talk about riding belt sanders, fun with electricity, and getting a dose! On the level!

Let me know if you guys find another set up for cheap. Ive been looking around for a while' date=' but the only decently priced ones I've found have the funny power/controller plug.[/quote']

Will do! I'll Pm ya. May take a week or so. They seem to come in waves unless ya pay through the nose.

Just bought a couple of Masterflexes:

6-600 RPM motor, speed controller. and 7017-21 1/4" head. Esniped at $54.00.

Guaranteed not DOA.

mymasterflex.jpg

6-600 RPM motor with Quick Load head $60. Also bought another speed controller for $25.

mycoherent.jpg

There is about $2000 worth of retail of equipment here.