Auto water changes have begun

Frank

I thought I would post this in the general for all that didn’t see the auto water change post in equipment. Thanks a lot to Impur he did a lot of research and found a great dual head pump that pulls exactly what it pushes. So I have this hooked up to due 1.5 gallons a day so should do 45 gallons a month I might increases at a later date. So far it is one of best things I have done.

IMG_4352.jpg

• Like 1

Need so help to check my math.. here is the head that I’m running

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=0701620&pfx=WU

It does 0.8 mL/min(at 1 rpm) the pump I’m running is at 100 so I’m doing 80Ml/min so for a gallon I want to run just over 45 min right and for 3 gallons 90min correct? There are 3785 mL in a gallon.

Just think in liters lol

Seems good to me. Better if you test it anyway

As for running it without dosing with a reactor or pump, you should boost the sw with ca, alk and mg accordingly to the consumption in your tank.

Anyway a continuous water change can make the dosing more stable for the people running reactors. Pretty much the same if balling with dosing pumps (when dosing is spread through the day).

You can find some writings by R.H. Farley about this topic.

Need so help to check my math.. here is the head that I’m running

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=0701620&pfx=WU

It does 0.8 mL/min(at 1 rpm) the pump I’m running is at 100 so I’m doing 80Ml/min so for a gallon I want to run just over 45 min right and for 3 gallons 90min correct? There are 3785 mL in a gallon.

What time will the train need to leave Chicago if it travels at 45 Km/hr-to keep up with the evaporation rate if the ambient temperture is 58 degrees and 22% humidity (scratch)

Agree with Grassi, convert to metric or visa versa. 1 milliliter = 0.000264172052 US gallons, 1 US gallon = 3 785.41178 milliliters, way to many decimal points for me

Let me now about that train and I'll get back to ya.

Just me being a smart ***-

If it is taking 47.31 minutes for 1 gallon it 141.9 minutes for 3 gallons isn’t it????

I hope you write that down, every time I do some conversion I seem to not write it or misplace what I wrote and then I do the dang math over about 10x before I write it again

Which heads are you using so I can get the same set up and use the same formula????

Hey Buddy,

I'm gonna do the same thing. I think with the two of us and Miles helping we can do it. Take a look on the other thread mentioned and see the link I posted. Maybe we can score a deal together. I am getting the info.

OK, so we will need some all thread & nuts to mount the heads. Do we need anything to connect the pumps to the shaft? I keep hearing LS etc.

Anyone know of a link to the older pump & head info?

Here is the way to load the heads. Love the robustness of the rollers!