Zoanthid Name/ID?

Rick

Any of you Zoa nuts know if any of these zoanthids have names?

Emeralds On Fire?

IMG_3781.JPG

Watermellons?

IMG_3801.JPG

Green Bay Packer or Similar Morph?

IMG_3791.JPG

Unknown?

IMG_3732.JPG

Either Green PE or Plum PE? (Depending upon the lighting this looks like either one)

IMG_3724.JPG

Jolly Green Giants?

IMG_3720.JPG

The first looks like MRA. It was "named" by CA2OR for Mad Reefer Avatar. I guess MadReefer had a pic of them as his avatar and Eric liked them so he got a frag of them. The only other place that I have seen them is in a fish store in Eugene when I was down there visiting. I think I got 10 polyps for $8...

And the fourth one looks a little like "tubbs blues" that are not really colored up very much. :(

dsoz

The third one looks like Greenbay packer or similar morph

It may turn out to be, the first three have only been in my tank for a day and may color up some after a few weeks. I'm hoping the dark green in them get's brighter.

The first looks like MRA. It was "named" by CA2OR for Mad Reefer Avatar. I guess MadReefer had a pic of them as his avatar and Eric liked them so he got a frag of them. The only other place that I have seen them is in a fish store in Eugene when I was down there visiting. I think I got 10 polyps for $8...

And the fourth one looks a little like "tubbs blues" that are not really colored up very much. :(

dsoz

Interesting on the first one although I don't think they are the same. The MRA's have more of a green skirt whereas these have a maroon colored skirt. I think they might be Emeralds on Fire.

The fourth one is definately purple rather than blue. I've had that one for a long time and it's never changed color.

Here is what I've come up with so far. Anyone agree or disagree with these?

1: Emeralds On Fire

2: Watermellons

3: Green Bay Packer or Similar Morph

4: Still haven't found anything similar. Might just call it Plum Crazy if that isn't a name already.

5: Either Green PE or Plum PE (Depending upon the lighting this looks like either one)

6: Jolly Green Giants

Ever since the "pink boobies" chalice came out I thought that it would be nice if all corals names had the word boobies in them. Just think of the possibilities......

Oregon blue boobies tort

sunset boobies montipora

Emerald mummy boobies eye

The list could go on and on.

Ever since the "pink boobies" chalice came out I thought that it would be nice if all corals names had the word boobies in them. Just think of the possibilities......

Oregon blue boobies tort

sunset boobies montipora

Emerald mummy boobies eye

The list could go on and on.

this hobby is already male dominated. that would only make it worse, we'd have to have a frag of everything with that word in it. ;)

yea the "MRA" zoa seems to get a silver to greenish rim not dark. That's about why we called them what we did. We've never found anything like them anywhere and so Eric sent it into Coralpedia and they researched it and asked us what to call them. It only seemed fitting to go with MRA out of respect for Mad Reefer...:)