Lighting help??

jgf86123

Ok, here's my deal, I picked up a nice 4' Current USA Nova Extreme fixture today, the 6x54w, and it's a foot to long, I knew this when I got it, so no biggie there LOL. My question is this, would it be possible to use the 39w bulbs with the ballasts that are in said 4' fixture? If so, would it be possible to take it apart an turn it into a DIY canopy deal? It's gonna go over my 30 breeder frag tank, so I know I'm gonna have to hang it high up, but that's again, no big deal LOL.

Any ideas or advice or possible trades? LOL

LMK

Mick

He wants to run the 39w bulbs which are a foot shorter. Most of the time the fixtures are just extruded aluminum and are identical for different lengths other than the length. Assuming this is the case here then all that would need to be done is to take an end apart, cut the fixture down to the shorter length, and then remount everything to fit the shorter bulbs.

He wants to run the 39w bulbs which are a foot shorter. Most of the time the fixtures are just extruded aluminum and are identical for different lengths other than the length. Assuming this is the case here then all that would need to be done is to take an end apart' date=' cut the fixture down to the shorter length, and then remount everything to fit the shorter bulbs.[/quote']

oops didn't catch the part about using 39w bulbs. I say cut the thing down if you dont mind the risk of butchering it and it maybe not working. I would just hang it and let there be light!

I need a 4'x18" piece of glass, but, if my future father in law does what he wants to do, I'm gonna need 2 of them that size or one that size an one 4'x24" LOL since he's wanting to use one of the pieces to make a desk, I told him to go ahead, it's gonna be a while before we do that build anyway LOL

every once and a while there is a guy in salem that posts glass for sale and usualy he sells 1/2 sheets that are 48x24, 48x20 there are more sizes but I forget. he wants like $25 I think for the 48x24. I remember pricing it once to be like $125 to make a 120 gallon tank, 24x24x48.

here's the add

portland craigslist > washington co > for sale / wanted > free stuff

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

glass aquarium 150 gal (tualatin)

Date: 2010-11-25, 12:55AM PST

Reply to: sale-ax7qy-2078819449@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

have this aquarium that has been sitting in my garage forever needs to go. has a grack in the back so it is no longer able to be filled all the way i used it for my boa which i no longer have if its not gone soon i will take it to the dump. you must pick up. i can help load. its about 5'11" long 2-3 ft deep and 2-3 ft tall.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2078819449