Official Bay Corals Group Grow Out

Kris

Well here it is The Challice Grow Out Corals came from Bay Corals

(rock2)

To start off There are 6 spots in this Grow Out. All 6 spots are already taken as of now. If anyone wants to be put on a list to be a backup person PM me or post it. I am going to post some rules for this grow out and it will most likely be edited after I speek with The Original 6 of this chalice grow out.

By the way that is what I am going to call this Group "The Original 6" lol

OK Rules as Follows

1. None of us will be held responsible for the death of a coral for whatever reason.

2. You Must be willing to look at this as coral Banking. If someone loses a piece and we have it we will get them another piece when we are able to. Not saying that I or someone else can expect a piece the next day but in the near future when possible.

3. As of now I think all participants will start off with one Chalice. "We as a group will decide where the Paly will go."

4. Once the Chalice is healthy enough It will be split into two frags. After the frags are healthy we will put it into another tank with another person for backup. Then we as a group will decide what happens as far fragging them up after each new eye or when there is enough for everyone in the group.

5. There is NO set date on when we will receive our frag's of all the Pieces!

6. Everyone in this group will have everyones contact info. Which as of now I think everyone knows that information.

Now if you have read and accept these rules send me a PM or post below if you are still in. If everyone else wants to stay anonymous to this actual tread let me know. And if you want to change anything in these rules PM me. This is a group decision we can start fresh if this does not look good to everyone involved. And I would like everyone to post pics or PM them or e-mail them to me and I will post them for updates.

Now Here is what Bay Corals is hooking us up with

My Miami

mymiami1.jpg

Crazy Fox

2152.jpg

photo14-2.jpg

Purple Erkle

PE1.jpg

Lucky Charms

greengoblin_medium1-1.jpg

Phantom Chalice

Rumble0_medium1.jpg

Original Mummy eye

ome_medium1.jpg

Soul Snatcher Paly

soulsnatcher2_medium1.jpg

I saw another pic of the Crazy Fox and want to post it but Photobucket is down right now. Will add the pic later

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in

Yea I am still in.

If I may be as direct/bold (given its one of my traits-DOH!)

Allow me the honor, privilege, appandage, appurtenance, entitlement, chance, concession, authorization, liberty, opportunity, license, right, authority ETC....(nutty)

to grow the Jason Fox or Erkle- and also because it looks like I asked 1st-(whistle)

All mighty chalice growing granter of power ye be

Better hope you don't have another Mytshall incident....you will regret this rule.

Kris pardon me for jumping in but its what I do.............. (naughty)

Thats why it was a special invite only group-(whistle) just like the CB7 G.O.

This one is rollin w/ the SSS G.O. I believe

Are there any spots for sale yet?

Now thats some good 'ol PMS humor there , I mean PNWMAS humor=(laugh)

sorry back on topic

I know that for instance on my original Oregon Mummy Eye, it had one eye for awhile, but when it busted out a new one it did so with 6 new ones not 1, I think we might look at the "frag when get a second" as a play as we go and not in stone-I know once my chalices I have start producing extra eyes, they do so in groups and chopping them at that time will most likely stunt the growth rate-IMO/E

Just spit ballin ideas

When I first talked to Kris a couple of weeks ago about this grow out I mentioned I wanted to be a grower of one of the top 3. Not because I just want to grow them, but because, differently from zoa/paly, I can grow sps and lps a few inches in a small amount of time. My whole system is pretty much tuned for that purpose.

Here some sample of the growth in about 10 months of an Oregon Mummy Eye and Tyree Bazooka Joe :)

P1040922.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

P1040923.JPG

IMG_6096.JPG

but these can grow upwards of a foot a year.....looks like you only got a few inches of growth(scratch)......

read that somewhere.....of course that is out in the wild and I am sure they aren't talking about the ones you guys are getting. How's that saying go......not all painted rocks grow equally(laugh)

ok I am happy with the Kenya tree, or was another thread???

If decided I can grow if not, I dont mind either way.

Maybe we just choose in order we signed on-Frank and Robert your last to pick-

BAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

Alex I got to pick on ya, or your post, how do you tune the tank that way-(laugh) just bustin your kahonies

I am curious....so when will frags be ready to distribute? Like 2 years or so right? Wouldn't the price depreciate tremendously in that time?

FYI I am not picking on this...maybe it is just me but I am under the impression that these grow very....VERY slow...and Grassi's pic's kinda prove my point.....based off those wouldn't it be like 20 months until they were big enough to frag off slivers for everyone not to mention all the stumping of growth from all the planned fragging you guys have. This is going to take forever.

I dunno....but that is why I had to stay out of this one.

Good luck you guys..

removed the rest of my post....but I can put it back on demand should you want to read it.

Eric, the Oregon Mummy Eye is a fast grower, the Bazooka Joe is not. The ones I posted, with more than 10 eyes, can be fragged twice for 5 participants in less than one year. So you don't have to wait a lot. As for the market value, I'm not concerned about that. As you know I don't see this kind of stuff as an "investment" but I just want to have now a coral I like that I cannot afford alone or that I don't justify the current price.

As for TECO, he does have some really awesome chalices, but he didn't have the ones we are looking for and most of us already have the ones you mentioned :)

Brad, I was meaning I run a ULNS system and I keep my ionic balance at a point that is perfect for the mentioned corals

BAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

Alex I got to pick on ya, or your post, how do you tune the tank that way-(laugh) just bustin your kahonies

Wow I go and take a nap and the drama starts!(laugh) Great presentation Alex to prove yourself as a grower. I give it 2 thumbs up unlike the flat out begging of someone near and dear to me Brad!(laugh)

I'm pretty laid back about this whole thing and trust every single person in this growout.

Nothing is set in stone about who gets to grow what. We're just throwing out our preferences.

Eric, the Oregon Mummy Eye is a fast grower, the Bazooka Joe is not. The ones I posted, with more than 10 eyes, can be fragged twice for 5 participants in less than one year. So you don't have to wait a lot. As for the market value, I'm not concerned about that. As you know I don't see this kind of stuff as an "investment" but I just want to have now a coral I like that I cannot afford alone or that I don't justify the current price.

As for TECO, he does have some really awesome chalices, but he didn't have the ones we are looking for and most of us already have the ones you mentioned :)

Brad, I was meaning I run a ULNS system and I keep my ionic balance at a point that is perfect for the mentioned corals

I must have missed the "why aren't you giving local fish stores your business" argument that I knew was to to come. TECO or any of a number of LFS here would have been top of my list but they don't have the particular chalices we wanted.

Eric I haven't compiled all the cost benefit ratio and depreciation analysis of said chalices yet I will get back to you on that!(laugh)

Why be in on this growout? It's fun and I get the opportunity to have visitation to some nice chalices at a mere fraction of the cost. Considering the my miami had gone for 1000 dollars an eye at one point, it's still a good deal in my opinion as I would never personally spend that kind of money on one chalice.

You also do learn about growth in other people's tanks and lighting etc. etc.

And something happens to one of the chalices, well that's part of the risk of the coral business. I have several nice white sps due to the recent salinity drop in my tank.

Maybe this order on top of the previous $1800 worth will finally convince him that we are worth supporting or sponsoring....if not we can just throw more money at him.....oh I know....that was a low blow. But hey you might have the same opinion of Hung and Bay Corals if you knew his responses to requests for sponsoring our club.

I removed my local fish store comment. Basically stating that Jody has some very nice chalices as well (BP Flamethrower, Pink Boobies, and so on) and does feel we are worth sponsoring and supporting.

What's that My Miami go for an eye now? How long ago was that $1000?

Maybe this order on top of the previous $1800 worth will finally convince him that we are worth supporting or sponsoring....if not we can just throw more money at him.....oh I know....that was a low blow. But hey you might have the same opinion of Hung and Bay Corals if you knew his responses to requests for sponsoring our club.

I removed my local fish store comment. Basically stating that Jody has some very nice chalices as well (BP Flamethrower, Pink Boobies, and so on) and does feel we are worth sponsoring and supporting.

What's that My Miami go for an eye now? How long ago was that $1000?

LMAO Eric, you were missing the drama weren't you.(laugh) Baycorals was not my first choice for a number of reasons but he has always been fair about replacing things that did not do well. I simply did not like the tiny baby single polyp zoas we got from the group buy that we paid full price for and would not likely go with baycorals again for a zoa growout. As far as TECO, Jody gets a great deal of support from me. I am always having things shipped to my home to save on shipping and encourage more people to buy in. Let's be honest Eric you don't really give a [language filter] about supporting your local fish store. How many times have you bought from your out of town secret wholesalers (insert Ebay here ;)) or from California. How many times have you posted about how you don't go to many of the local fish stores because they don't give you the time of day...(laugh).

I did not go with Sexy corals because I did not like the negative comments the owner posted about women in another site and also thought it was insane that he sold a half an eye of bpc flamethrower for some ridiculous amount. WWC did not have any of the my miami available. I shop locally when I can and only go elsewhere when they don't have what I need.

Guys, I think we are going out of topic. Kris started this thread about this grow out and how to sort it out.

This is not about the value of a specific coral, or the growth rate of a coral in the wild and so on. We can start other threads about this and give freedom to our dialectic skills there.

I don't want this thread to be 25 pages.

Thanks

BAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

maybe we should pick who's killed the most zoas. oh wait thats a different group buy, my bad.(plotting)

Let's only give Kris the option to choose, because he started all this.

Then let's put the names in a hat for the rest.

Robert, stop being sarcastic or you will be asked to grow the giant "brown mummy eye" that is in my frag tank :P

Let's only give Kris the option to choose, because he started all this.

Then let's put the names in a hat for the rest.

Robert, stop being sarcastic or you will be asked to grow the giant "brown mummy eye" that is in my frag tank :P

what did you get a new clam? time to check the clam cam. LOL Sorry i have to give brad a hard time because he's a glutton for verbal abuse.