Biocube 29g hqi---back in the game, son....

jrock4224

I like the rock work in the biocube' date=' should be sweet once ya fill it all up.[/quote']

thanks i love aquascaping and this one came together quite quickly... i like little touching the bottom and lots of open cavish areas... its actually more rock then i wanted to use but i like how realistic reef wise it looks...i wont be doing alot of corals...never liked the look of a bunch of or too many corals...gonna kepp only a couple of fish in this one too...

• 2 weeks later...
sweet tank

im in olympia too what stores you shop at

i hope you dont own a local store.. if so i might hurt your feelings...NONE...i live on the west side... and a freind of mine help set up and start the store my good will and safeway... but the fired him after they used him and now the tanks all look, like crap and nothing is ever for sale.. i gave them a cahcne the other day and went back in and listen to them misinform a customer just for the sake of a sale.....lets see then theres the store in deep lacey .. which is so far for me to go...my friend uses them but the one time i went there the tanks were new and cyanoing bad...and just never made back out but my friend swears by them....if i get out there i will try again.... my work takes me to tacoma a lot and i stop by aquarium paradise...but havent bought there in a while.... why where do you shop...its funny cause everyone i ever got into reefing i have to remind them that..fish store iare into making money not necessarily giving the best advice..

i hope you dont own a local store.. if so i might hurt your feelings...NONE...i live on the west side... and a freind of mine help set up and start the store my good will and safeway... but the fired him after they used him and now the tanks all look' date=' like crap and nothing is ever for sale.. i gave them a cahcne the other day and went back in and listen to them misinform a customer just for the sake of a sale.....lets see then theres the store in deep lacey .. which is so far for me to go...my friend uses them but the one time i went there the tanks were new and cyanoing bad...and just never made back out but my friend swears by them....if i get out there i will try again.... my work takes me to tacoma a lot and i stop by aquarium paradise...but havent bought there in a while.... why where do you shop...its funny cause everyone i ever got into reefing i have to remind them that..fish store iare into making money not necessarily giving the best advice..[/quote']

i got to the one in lacey and alot in seattle i also go to barrier reef in renton and you talking about kc that set up the store on the west side ?how is he doing he is a good guy

i got to the one in lacey and alot in seattle i also go to barrier reef in renton and you talking about kc that set up the store on the west side ?how is he doing he is a good guy

yup casey... i went to high school with him but got into reefs with out him then bought some stuff at extreme marine but havent really found a store that will be honest with me ... i found when it comes to fish coral intervet stuff and compatibility... find out for yourself... most stores will sell you anything anytime...even casey and i known him for 15 years.. he is doing good though havent talked to him in a bit..

id ssay we should meet up and trade frags but i am restarting after my reeef tank crashed last year so if your interested we can work something out...i see you into motor cycles maybe you need some powdercoating...

I'm pretty sure he's just restarting his tank as well after a crash. Not positive though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hopefully he didnt get the black water like i did....two pumps took out everything i had...power failure then the two pumps leached in to my sump and destroyed everything in my tank...

what do you mean exactly??? Just curious because it sounds like something I would like to avoid.

short version

Had a power outage and shortly after that my tank turned gray balck and everything liquified... corals softies hard corals inverts ... took about 3 days and it was dead... after searching for answers tured out to be two pumps that failed and leached something in to the tank... some greasy substance....I dont think the power outage had much to do with it...just check and clean yor submersable pumps regularly... cost me a ton in time and money....

thanks ... i guess live and learn... the 29 is doing great .. added a few shrooms, some hydnophora and a lt mushroom...bought a 6 line wrasse for entertainment...my daughters 14 is going through a much worse diatom bloom then my 29 did....probably cause i used established rock from a friends tank to suppliment my rock i started with....(scary)

• 2 months later...