So new tank build (Frag tank) …

Frank

So new tank build (Frag tank) …

Some may know that Tim at Westside upgraded his invert system (By the way very nice) I was there last night helping him and I went home with his old tank that he had the inverts in. It is a 90 51X31X13.5 it will be a great frag tank. So this will be down in the garage right below the main tank I will be moving all the equipment in to the garage also. So there are few things I need to find and need to help to decide what to use. I will have to get a pump that can pump up to the main tank and run the new frag tank. Need to find a sump for the whole system??? So what do you think I should go with?

Thanks for the compliments, if we can call them like that lol

Being in the basement you don't have the noise problem. So a Manta Ray will do the job

If you want to go cheap, the Barracuda can do the job for your display (more than 1000 gph is good) and use a second pump for the frag tank, or feed it through the return... gravity is a good think once you are able to pump some water up :)

As for the sump, go large. Rubbermaid tubs, other plastic tubs... Plastic is better as insulation. You will have plenty of room for your equipment and live rock. In case, you can add a separate refugium tank.

Your real problem is gonna be the skimmer.. upgrading the pump is not gonna be enough ;)

If I remember well you have a 120g display (that you are planning to upgrade) + a 90g frag tank + 60g of sump or so... welcome to the world of big systems lol

Start ordering chemicals in 5g buckets :)

• 5 weeks later...

Ya I was going to ask about that verry thing. Frank does your Ca reactor lower your Ph that much that you need Kalk? Or does it not supply enough Ca to your system,cause it sounds like its big enough? Just wondering cause i've heard of people running both, but most big tanks i've seen localy including my own which are loaded with sps have matained high Ca/Alk through thier Ca reactor without the Ph being to drasticaly affected,if at all.