Need help setting up a 120

TRENT

New to SW, so I don't want to mess this up. I'm in the process of setting up a 120. I have about 100 pounds LR curing for the last few months and will be adding most everything from my 40B. The 120 has been up and running for a week and a half w/LR. All new sand besides what's in the sump. A little of a Nitrate spike (10) w/no water changes yet. Is it safe to go ahead and put all my rock and coral from the 40B in or should I wait? I only have a Mandrin for fish (and a Clam?). I would also be preforming a 20% WC at this time. Here are a few pictures of how the 120 looks right now and the 40B that will be taken down (for reference). Do I wait? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

DSC02460.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

Nice setup. I think you need to have the outflow from the skimmer above the water to make it work more efficiently. You can also put a ball valve between the pump and skimmer if it is too powerful. I think you can move your stuff from the 40 over. Just acclimate everything if you are mervous about it.

Nice setup. I think you need to have the outflow from the skimmer above the water to make it work more efficiently. You can also put a ball valve between the pump and skimmer if it is too powerful. I think you can move your stuff from the 40 over. Just acclimate everything if you are mervous about it.

I placed a 1/4" hole at the top of the PVC (on elbow) so it would have a break?

Nice' date=' Looking Really Good(rock2) How do you like that ProFlex Sump? I looked into getting one of those...I would love to hear your opinion on it. I would go for it too...Start aquascaping that beautie...I can't wait to see full tank shots when its done...Congrats!![/quote']

The Pro Flex is very nice and well designed. I received it free as a replacement. Not sure I would dish out the money when you can make one for pennies.

You might want to leave the 40 up for a while with the clam n mandarin in it' date=' otherwise theres a very good chance you'll lost both, that's a very large upgrade.[/quote']

The 40B is going to be a Frag tank. So I will leave the Mandarin and Clam in their until the 120 is more stable.

Thanks for the comments and complements everyone. More pictures to come after the switch.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...