Show me your mushrooms

Rick

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a super colony happening of GB ultra neon orange Yumas that i can probably share some pics tomorrow after i'm done with the last 10% of my atv engine rebuild. 

Be sure to put your sunglasses on and your favorite U.V protection :tongue:

BTW @Theclark remember when i promised you a couple frags when ready? HAHA! a couple years ago? Well, if you haven't acquired some yet i have your frags ready :)

I know it's tough for you to make it down this way too often but just say the word.

I can also drop them locally for you for pick-up if needed next time your in town at one of our favorite shops or at one of our fishy friends.

Like i said Jeremy, just say the word.

Edited by ChrisQ

Also, if a person has the ability to frag some of these out please contact me,

the issue is when the mother finally left the main plug she left around 5-6 babies behind, only problem is when she did this she couldn't decide what side of the plug she wanted to settle on so she spread the babies on both sides of the plug so in essence, one set of babies don't get any light unless i make it happen. I would like to chop it up and re mount on plugs and let them bask in the light they so deserve. I just don't have to tools or know-how. Only a set of bone cutters.

A stock photo of mom about 4 or so years ago...She is now about 4'' in diameter and what seems twice as bright .

IMG_1820-001_zpsb1655ae6.JPG

A GB ultra orange yuma frag will also be joining the TFT where needed/wanted. :) Karen is welcome to contact me to set it up, i think she does TFT if i'm not mistaken. 

Edited by ChrisQ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisQ said:

the issue is when the mother finally left the main plug she left around 5-6 babies behind, only problem is when she did this she couldn't decide what side of the plug she wanted to settle on so she spread the babies on both sides of the plug so in essence, one set of babies don't get any light unless i make it happen. I would like to chop it up and re mount on plugs and let them bask in the light they so deserve. I just don't have to tools or know-how. Only a set of bone cutters.

Why not just use like wire cutters or something to break up the plug they are on? Assuming it is ceramic or whatever, then just glue the plug pieces on new plugs or directly to rockwork.

I've always heard that mushrooms are quite resilient to fragging. I've been told multiple times that when fragging shrooms, if you tear the foot, the leftover flesh will grow into a baby shroom in ideal conditions. Not so sure with rics and yumas though. My first ric I ever tried was the only mushroom I've ever had die on me, so maybe they're a bit more fragile. But I've seen people frag loose mushrooms by just cutting it down the middle, and throwing the pieces into a bin of rubble. 9 times out of 10 when I see a bounce in a store it's a 1/4 cut off a nice mother.