8 chambers of fun

Gill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately have a few peppermint shrimp in there to keep the aptasia under control and they will spawn and dump the babies into the main tank for food :)

You could always do some pygmy seahorses in one chamber towards the end so that the pods would flow to them as a food source.

I would love some pygmy sea horses, but I don't think I could find the time to keep the brine shrimp cultures going. I have been lucky so far, no aptasia, but I like the idea of peppermint shrimp breeding (plotting) You have hit on the one major draw back to having the fuge chambered, if I had bubble algae aphasia ext. I would need 8 peppermint shrimp and 8 emerald crabs :eek:

I would love some pygmy sea horses' date=' but I don't think I could find the time to keep the brine shrimp cultures going. I have been lucky so far, no aptasia, but I like the idea of peppermint shrimp breeding (plotting) You have hit on the one major draw back to having the fuge chambered, if I had bubble algae aphasia ext. I would need 8 peppermint shrimp and 8 emerald crabs :eek:[/quote']

You dont need brine cultures going if your going to have a couple pairs of peppermint shrimp spawning in there. Especially with the amount of pods that will grow out and make their way through the chambers. Maybe hook up a little auto feeder like the one I made ;) Just rotate the shrimp from cube to cube to kill off the aptasia.