8 chambers of fun

Gill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it isn't installed yet and if you wont have a use for a hole tube' date=' you could load iot up and come by my place, I have a tube of it I'd let ya use to glue it up.[/quote']

Thank's for the offer but I think I will get some for future projects (plotting)

Nice! You might want to do an external durso overflow to lower the noise and speed it up.

Are you using the Little Giant for that too?

ya that pump is a work horse LOL I just ran the return straight up into the fuge

It is running silent; only maybe every 20 min or so it lets out a little gulp. It would be nice if the water level was a little higher in the fuge though.

You can also split the return in 2' date=' one exit for the display, the other for the fuge. This way you can have 2 different flow rates (slower for the fuge). The pump will support that: I used to run my 65 (2 returns) and the frag tank with that pump[/quote']

I have it split in the sump to power my protein skimmer I guess it does still have a lot of flow going into the fuge though? How many GPH do people usually turn over in a fuge?

I would probably run about 250 gph through it. How big is the pumbing on the drain? (The smallest diameter used anywhere on it) Also are there a lot of 90 degree angles in it? If so then each one will cut a bit out of the volume it is capable of flowing.

I would probably run about 250 gph through it. How big is the pumbing on the drain? (The smallest diameter used anywhere on it) Also are there a lot of 90 degree angles in it? If so then each one will cut a bit out of the volume it is capable of flowing.

5/8th in 3/4 out. I think it is running around 400 GPH but I am not the best judge of flow.

5/8th in 3/4 out. I think it is running around 400 GPH but I am not the best judge of flow.

Probably about right on the flow if it's just a little too much. 3/4" will only drain about 325 gph.

Overflow and Drain Calculator

I would shoot for about 75% of that. The inlet size is less critical as it will flow a much higher volume under pressure.

• 1 month later...
How is this working out? any updates?

I like it so far. I still haven't fixed the out drain, so the water level is lower than I would like. I kind of want to add sand but can't quite decide? I have added rock, a crab, and yasha goby. The one white light is almost burned out so I need to replace it, until then I can't really get a good pic (they are all washed out) :-( I will get some new pics up as soon as I get a new light.