Needing some advice....

jgf86123

I've got a melanarus in my tank that has to come out, preferably tonight so he can go to the store tomorrow....

Now, I need some advice on how to do this, traps do NOT work, tried it, with multiple traps, and 0 success, he laughs at em...My current idea is to take all of my rock out an put it in a bucket, catch said fish, then put everything back, might take 15-20 minutes max, will that cause die-off or will I be ok? second, will i be ok with leaving said wrasse in said bucket over night with just a powerhead an a heater?

LMK

Thanks

Mick

use a net and run through your sand. He burries himself at night. Why does he have to go? He should be fine in the bucket, but reasons like this are why I own multiple breeder cage/nets. That and they make great temporary frag racks if you zip tie egg crate to them....if you leave the net up to then it is a good protector of corals getting picked on.

He's gotta go cause he's a mean *** little **** who's killed more than one wrasse, and since Jess want's to go wrasse heavy, well, he's gotta go LOL gonna replace him with a yellow coris wrasse per ReefIt's advice, an see how that works when we get Jess another Lubbocks....

Where he buries himself is the worst part, it's in the back corner of the tank an it's covered in a massive rock structure LOL.

So you have the solaris wrasse....very cool and mix well with others?

This is why I try to hand feed as many fish as possible...if they need to be removed, they come up to eat from my hand and BOOM, I just put the net in under him and swipe him out! this has worked for tangs, sixlines, and other wrasses....

Just an FYI...I know the original question was about taking rock out and worrying about die off...it would be very, very minimal at worst for that short of time...Remember rocks on a reef can be exposed for hours a day in the beating sun...so in the future (or for piece of mind, since you took it out) no real worry about the die off...