ID Verification

Rick

Looking for a quick identification on this. I'm sure I already know what it is however the store argued with me about it trying to tell me it was a clown goby. After a minute or so I dropped it since they were selling the clown gobies for 5.99 instead of the 7.99 these were listed for.(laugh)

IMG_3402.JPG

LOL, yes, I'm sure it's an Algae Blenny A.K.A. Lawnmower Blenny or Sailfin Blenny. I thought it was funny because he argued about it so I ended up getting it for $5.99. He tried to use a scooter blenny for comparison which is actually a mandarin rather than a blenny. (Which I also told him)

Rick looks like a starry Blenny. Closely related to the Algae Blenny. If it is mostly a uniform color with a few tiny spots its probably a Starry Blenny.

At some point I'll get a better picture of it. It just started really coming out yesterday. (I've had it since Monday) The coloring is wrong for a starry blenny though.

For that price I would have gotten all he has...

I only saw 2 on Monday. Last night I ran by there again and they didn't have any left. Even if they did I wouldn't have gotten any. There were signs on half the tanks saying the fish were under observation and not for sale. Pretty sure they are all tied together so I wouldn't buy any without knowing why they were being observed.

At some point I'll get a better picture of it. It just started really coming out yesterday. (I've had it since Monday) The coloring is wrong for a starry blenny though.

Ok hard to tell from that pic. Its probable a LMB then, or perhaps the baby blue whale mentioned earlier. (nutty)