The best LFS in PDX

Miniwhinny

We're heading to the "big city" soon and of course I'm coming with the intention of buying a bucket load of corals as we head out of town because I'm tired of looking at an empty tank lol.

So here's q. for those of you familiar with the LFS stores in PDX. If you could only shop at one (because I won't be alone and I know hubby and kids won't want to be trekking all over the place) which store is the best to shop for corals? We'll be in the West Hills area and heading out of town along the 217 and I5 south but if there's a store good enough then we'd go out of our way to go there (within reason...I'm not heading to Hillsboro or Gresham lol)

If you could only shop at one

(laugh).....RIGHT!! only shop at one(laugh) I can say as I am an avid LFS hopper, different stores get in different things at different times, so taking your chances on only hitting one is difficult, you might time it right and they will have a good selection, but thats the good part, if one shop is low on corals, or doesn't have anything that strikes your fancy, on to the next one....

I like the selection at Upscales in Tualitin, there is Westside Aquarium, Saltwater fantaseas, Rose City aquarium is a great place as well...if I had to beg, plead, or bribe my family to at least hit those, I think you would be able to find what your looking for, those are the 4 places in portland I try and hit when I am there.

with the stipulations you placed there is only one shop along that route and was one of the 3 I was going to mention. That being said Upscales is the Tualatin exit off of I-5 on the Westside of I-5.

I think Travis will sell anything out of his display plus you could check out his website.

You are short changing yourself by not going to Hillsboro (Cornelius exit at least)-(laugh)

Upscales is good and the only one in that route(well world of wet pets kinda is but they dont have much). You are short changing your self because there are too many good stores around here. I agree you are missing out by not going to Westside to visit Tim. I am an avid Store hopper too. Yet I always find something I want and at a good price out at Westside. Happy hunting

Westside? Where's that?

..and thanks everyone for the input. Y'all don't know how lucky you are being able to just go to a store anytime you want. We have one store in C.O. and it's great to have it and the folks who own it are awesome but I went in there yesterday with $500 in my pocket, willing to spend all of it, and came out with $490 because there was just nothing there :-(

My problem with shopping around is the other members of my family...it's 3 hours home from PDX and once in the car they all want to get home asap.

Well if you really want to stretch that $490 to it's maximum potential then drive the additional 10 minutes north on I-5 to my shop. I'll give you 15% off your purchase as a first time in-store customer. I also have one of the largest coral selections anywhere in the NW and since that is what your looking for........

Sorry Perry, she said Portland otherwise I would have suggested you..DOH!

Well if you really want to stretch that $490 to it's maximum potential then drive the additional 10 minutes north on I-5 to my shop. I'll give you 15% off your purchase as a first time in-store customer. I also have one of the largest coral selections anywhere in the NW and since that is what your looking for........

I'm gonna have to check your place out one of these days. I should be ready to start stocking in January for the 180..(naughty)

Oh yeah we forgot about Perry! Still getting used you being a storefront :D

Yeah definitely check him out, really nice guy and can get you a really great deal on some corals. If you plan on going to Saltwater Fantaseas it's just another 10-15 min drive depending on the traffic. I'm fairly new to corals but I know a lot of his stuff was at a fraction of the price compared to other places.