BRS Pukani Eco Rock! I'm loving it!

Emerald525

Not sure when the shipping ends. The rock in the picture was only 20 pounds so you see you get a lot for your money! It is very porous and lightweight. I read that it can take about 3 months for it to get covered in coralline. The other thing I was warned about is it does have some dead organic matter on it so a good rinsing is needed. I'm not putting it in the display tank right away so this won't be a problem for me.

Not sure when the free shipping ends R-3.

I bought half from BRS and half from Macro Rock, it was exactly the same rock. Very happy with it, just starting to brown up now I think it will still be a while before coraline starts to grow on it. I have Coraline growing on the back of the tank now so we'll see how it goes

this is man made right-this is not out of the ocean?

I assume so by the "Eco" part

I know your asking about the Eco part because you are worried about the environment and always doing your part Brad buddy to lessen your carbon footprint and slow down global warming!(whistle)

Sorry could not resist!(laugh)

No it's actually live rock that's just dried out. I thought it was manmade too because of the name "eco" until we got it and it has dried up critters on it. I think they call it Eco simply because it is dry weight and lighter so you get more for your money.

Cool, I may just buy some then, I need to finish burning the tires in my backyard, me and the boy are gonna fire up the Hummer after I change the oil in the street-you got to love those grate thingys in the road, they make for a perfect collection cup.

We are gonna go hunting down on the coast, I hear the snowy plovers are mating-

man this state is god's country-

I love it

Thats for the info on the rock!

well got to go, the tires need flipping

You might be a redneck......

Cool, I may just buy some then, I need to finish burning the tires in my backyard, me and the boy are gonna fire up the Hummer after I change the oil in the street-you got to love those grate thingys in the road, they make for a perfect collection cup.

We are gonna go hunting down on the coast, I hear the snowy plovers are mating-

man this state is god's country-

I love it

Thats for the info on the rock!

well got to go, the tires need flipping

LMAO!(laugh) He's just kidding folks by the way or is he?(enforcer)

I'm sure it is a Hummer hybrid so no worries....(laugh) Probably gets better mileage than a certain navy blue 2500 Suburban I know...(whistle)

Very kind of you to burn the tires in the backyard Brad so as not to use up the landfill!(clap)(laugh)

And I hear the poor snowy plovers you are gunning for are the weak and sick ones so the rest of the herd is stronger!Way to go!(clap);)

Oh course I was kidding-you knew I was going there with that carbon footprint remark-(nono) Oh I had a witty comeback (at least in my head it sounded witty) but you are corrrect none of that was true-I'd love to own a Hummer the H2 or go really commando like the H1- but that's because I truly do hunt and those things make me(drooler). I must be a testosterone thing.

I ran across a sweet deal deal on craigslist and just scored 175lbs of live rock for 100.00-woo hoo, I missed the one last week 400lbs of LR for 250.00-

I also got that 150 gallon Marineland I was talking about-I pick it up next Sat

Let the insanity begin, or should I say-continue-;)

Oh course I was kidding-you knew I was going there with that carbon footprint remark-(nono) Oh I had a witty comeback (at least in my head it sounded witty) but you are corrrect none of that was true-I'd love to own a Hummer the H2 or go really commando like the H1- but that's because I truly do hunt and those things make me(drooler). I must be a testosterone thing.

I ran across a sweet deal deal on craigslist and just scored 175lbs of live rock for 100.00-woo hoo, I missed the one last week 400lbs of LR for 250.00-

I also got that 150 gallon Marineland I was talking about-I pick it up next Sat

Let the insanity begin, or should I say-continue-;)

Good score Brad! That was a good deal! I can't wait to see the set up and good deal on live rock too!(clap)

I could be wrong but I believe its collected from areas that were oceans but are not now, then washed real well. One of our club members moved to salt lake and posted pictures of them collecting reef rock from the mountains around the area

from BRS

Reef saver rock is all natural calcium carbonate rock mined from a land based fossilized coral reef and does not damage ocean habitats in any way .

I could be wrong but I believe its collected from areas that were oceans but are not now, then washed real well. One of our club members moved to salt lake and posted pictures of them collecting reef rock from the mountains around the area

from BRS

Reef saver rock is all natural calcium carbonate rock mined from a land based fossilized coral reef and does not damage ocean habitats in any way .

Thanks for the information Steve! Very interesting!

I've been working on a DIY 30x30x24 cube for about a year (laugh) Just doing small amounts here and there.

I guess seeding would be a better word. I'm cooking/seeding the rock with some LR i got from Garrett so i can be sure there are no bugs, hydroids, pests, or algae when I get my cube setup and the rock will be ready to go. Shouldn't have much of a cycle if any.