Sump/Refugium

Joe Blow

I already bought one and was all ready to install it on my new build.

Then I found it like this in my garage........

picture.php?albumid=177&pictureid=1144

Of course, NONE of the kids know what happened. The boogy man must have done it.................................

Let me know what ya got and what ya want for it. I prefer an acrylic sump but would consider a glass tank w/ baffles.....

What are the measurements on that one? I have a sump that's 36Lx21Dx16H that I can't use now that I may be able to swap if that one would fit for me. Not too worried about the crack as I would just grab a sheet of acrylic and some Weld-on #4 (Works great for flat surfaces whereas rough edges need a something thicker).

go to tap plastics or who ever sells "weldon #16" its in a red tube 3.95. Taps will also have a piece of acrylic that you can get.

The weld on causes the pieces of plastic to "fuse" together and will be good as new.

You only need to cover the crack by about an inch or so and each side of the break.

Just be sure the plastic on the sump is not bowed, you want to piece to be flush.

It is a VERY simple fix and should run about 6 bucks.

PM me if you want

to funny-Ricks post beat me-I type SLOW, and I use #16 not #4

Only use #16 if the edges are uneven. Otherwise use #3 or #4. #16 has acrylic mixed into it so it fills slight gaps. If both sides are still even then #3 or #4 will make a stronger weld since they will bond the actual surfaces together rather than add a layer of acrylic between them. In a pinch you can add bits of acrylic to #3 or 4 and get the same thing as the #16.

Ok, I'm going to try to repair this. I was extremely pissed when I found it, as you could imagine....... Goin to get the tank this morning, but couldn't find these glues at lowes. You guys have any suggestions on places to buy this stuff locally? Is plexiglass at lowes the same as acrylic? Is there better material I could buy locally in Salem as well?

Ok' date=' I'm going to try to repair this. I was extremely pissed when I found it, as you could imagine....... Goin to get the tank this morning, but couldn't find these glues at lowes. You guys have any suggestions on places to buy this stuff locally? Is plexiglass at lowes the same as acrylic? Is there better material I could buy locally in Salem as well?[/quote']

Check Ace Hardware. Lowes and Home Depot don't carry it. And yes, plexiglass is acrylic. Don't get the Lexan though as it is both different and more expensive.

If he wasn't in Salem I would just have him run over here so it wouldn't cost anything except gas. I have plenty of scraps of acrylic and the Weld On here already.

Joe, If you do decide the trip isn't too far shoot me a PM with your number. I'm going to be here all day.