Kalk Injections for killing shrooms

reefnjunkie

Anybody ever inject Kalk paste into shrooms to kill them-I read that would do it, so I tried and man I must of shot them up a little much-looked like a volcano spewing clouds of whiteness-

Maybe a little reading was in order-time will tell-I had to turkey baste some of that stuff of my corals

Anyone ever do this?????

I've done it with problem stuff, but I did it more of a liquid form, not a paste. You can also use lemon juice, makes it easier since its already made and ready to go.

Just dont go crazy trying to do the whole tank at once.

Paste was the wrong choice of word, I took about a teaspoon of kalk and mixed it with about 5ml of water and used a syringe and hypodermic needle I got from the feed store and injected right into the middle of the shroom.

Sadly I consider these mushrooms problems, they multiply on their own and kill SPS-

Lemon Juice will kill them also-mushrooms like these?;

http://www.fragglereef.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1407

I've done it with problem stuff, but I did it more of a liquid form, not a paste. You can also use lemon juice, makes it easier since its already made and ready to go.

Just dont go crazy trying to do the whole tank at once.

excellent point on not doing the whole tank at once.

Jesse if I could get them out I would, these are in my display and the ones I rip out just grow back, that's why I am trying to kill them off.

The 4 that I injected seem to have really melted away, its only been a few hours so I'll see what tomorrow brings-

One nearly wiped out a 3x4 section of my pokerstar monti while another was doing a number on my sunset. I have about 12 more at least through out the tank.

I do have 4 in my frag tank I'm going to sell-1 metallic green, 2 superman, and one bright blue one-they open up quite nice and are about 3+ inches round (at least) in the display. They are nice and if I kept mushrooms these are for sure worthy of having but since I went SPS they got to go they just don't cohabitate well