My little bitty 10g

Jules

So is it fine to make a standard tank rimless??? Are you worried about structural problems at all??? Not saying you should be just curious

It depends on the tank. A 10g would be fine since it's only 12" high and uses 1/4" glass (good to about 18" of depth).

Looks good Jules' date=' hows the 12 doing? how come you are down sizing, I thought you would be going bigger by now[/quote']

The 12 is going to be changed into a freshwater dwarf puffer tank. It isn't much of a downsize and I can buy a decent light for the 10g, I won't have to modify the light in the 12 :D

Everything from the 12g is going into the 10.

Some day I will get a bigger tank but I want to move out of this place and get a job first, I don't think my landlord would like seeing a huge tank in my living room, he would have a heart attack. (nono)

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been so long since I have updated. I had to stop, my ferrets I adopted seem to have a common ferret disease called adrenal disease. So I am at a stand still for now with my tanks. Be back soon I am sure. **** happens.

• 6 months later...
It depends on the tank. A 10g would be fine since it's only 12" high and uses 1/4" glass (good to about 18" of depth).

Dont 10 gallons use 1/8'' glass? Thats why I break them so easily...I swear I have broken them by giving them a bad look

Dont 10 gallons use 1/8'' glass? Thats why I break them so easily...I swear I have broken them by giving them a bad look

Yes they do use 1/8th inch thick glass, but with only being 20 long and 12 high it works fine, plus I don't think the plastic dose a whole lot in the way of structure ( unless like on a 55 whare it has a center brace), it is more for astetics and to keep you from cutting yourself on the top of the tank.