Not leaving the hobby but I am making a big change

CA2OR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kinda return pump am I looking for? It also is drilled and plumbed for 2 closed loops....I got pics if that would help.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

You need to match your return pump up to the drain. I.E. The drain will be the limiting factor in how much return you can have. It's doubtful that the return will be adequate though to forgo any additional flow even with a wavemaker. I think I would do a dual return with a SQWD and run around 1800 GPH if the drains can handle it. I would still add another 2400 GPH or so of flow using a couple of powerheads (or perhaps even more) although it probably isn't necessary with a FO tank.

I too wanted to go with an aggressive tank setup this time around, but after seeing nice setups with colorful corals I'm most likely going softies w/ lots of fish.

I would opt away from a closed loop system as well. There are so many options to get internal flow going and you can add/remove/move at anytime.

Just my 2 cents.

you know Matt has a 100 gallon built by envision with matching stand and canopy and built in center over flow. I have not seen it in person but it looks really nice and Matt is a great guy to do business with. I think he's only asking 400$ for it.

So are you looking for a standard 6x2x2 180 Eric? I sure bet you could find one locally for a lot cheaper than $700.

There are also several stand makers around. Most LFS's know 2 or 3 and theres even some on the forums.

So are you looking for a standard 6x2x2 180 Eric? I sure bet you could find one locally for a lot cheaper than $700.

There are also several stand makers around. Most LFS's know 2 or 3 and theres even some on the forums.

Who? and yeah....for the most part a standard 180 or 240. I like the idea of 72" better than 96 but cost efficiency is important too.

Who? and yeah....for the most part a standard 180 or 240. I like the idea of 72" better than 96 but cost efficiency is important too.

Pm a couple LFS's. I will check with mine when I got in there. Any brand preference?

Don't Seahorse and SWF both have contacts that can make custom cabinets. I think Davy Jones did also. For that matter with all the building trades hurting you could probably take a set of plans to just about any cabinet shop in the area and get a good deal.

Eric, I have a line on a 175 gallon acrylic tank (48L x 32D x 26H) advertised for $500 (But I know he will take $450). He said he would throw in the stand too although it doesn't look real pretty (Needs a new skin on the outside but it wouldn't need to be done immediately). Call me if you want the details.