new to cold water

fullmonti

Well this is what happens if you let just any one in.

I'm not from the pacific northwest, pretty far from it, Chattanooga Tn.

I have a 180 sps tank & a new non-photosynthetic 30gal tank (same system). I have been very interested in cold water tank & have been reading about them for some time. I think I have learned enough about them & where I maybe can get livestock to get started. I'm planing on building a 36" long 10gal or so, 1/2" thick acrylic tank in my fish/filter room. Looking forward to my time here at PNWMAS.

Some pix of what I have now

sps FTS few months old

zip4.jpg

nps FTS

_MG_2132.jpg

feeding system on nps (1 1/2gal tank with fauna marin food mix pumped into nps tank via LiterMeter)

_MG_2134.jpg

fish/filter room

_MG_2139.jpg

I'll be reading over your site & I'm sure will be asking some question about cold water setup & livestock.

Jim

What would be the best way to find the cold water people on this site?

I second that, Steve has had a lot of answers to questions I've had about my temperate/coldwater tank thus far.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with as far as collecting stuff for your tank. I should be getting some Californian Gorgonians from a guy this week, and in return I'll be sending him some of my strawberry anemones. Trades like that is a good way we can help each other out in this niche hobby :D

I think we have talked on NR already via PM :D

stylaster

I increased carbon dosing a bit, & added a little reactor with some bio pellets to the nps tank. I had a zeo reactor in place already, so far so good. Nitrate still less than 1, & phosphate went up to .o4 from .02 haven't check it since increasing carbon. If it doesn't go down I'll put some more bio pellets in. I was concerned about all that extra food in the system.

AquaticEngineer

Yes we have PMed on NR & when I checked your other posts I found your link to thread here & joined up. I'm looking forward to being able to find some more people with cold water tanks. I have seen references to Steve before & I'm sure before its all said & dun I will be taking with him.

rgrvrain

Yes that riser is for main closed loop, there is another one in the overflow area that comes back in the tank under the rocks.