New addition

pnkrcklives

I would advise against feeding it out of your hand. They have poor eyesight and can accidentally bite your hand trying to get the food. They have dirty mouths and the resulting bite can get a bad infection. Note: I fed mine out of my hand the first day also but after I researched it more I stopped.

Fortunately they don't think we are tasty. The couple of times mine grabbed me it let go right away. The second time it drew blood though. While their eyesight is poor their smell is excellent. You will probably find that it comes out whenever you just get close to the tank with food.

BTW, be sure you have something covering the tank. Especially the outer 5 inches or so. In the wild they jump between tide pools so they will try to do the same in your tank. Usually they come up to the side and then try to jump over it so covering the edges is important.

I have every inch I can get covered with an egg crate I will have to deal with the light restriction till I get my clear plastic mesh set up but he is super cool so far Rick do you still have a Golden Dwarf Moray

Mine was a Snowflake however they are both moray eels and have similar traights. I swapped it for a Lionfish at one of the LFS. It grew from about 12" to around 24" in about 6 months. Unfortunately the Lionfish died a couple of days after I got it and the eel also committed suicide (jumped) a day or two later at the LFS.