Snapper VS Dart

Frank

Ok I have a Reeflo Sanpper and just traded for a Reeflo Dart Looking at them I cant really tell with the difference is? So what is it?

From what I just found googling them about 50.00-;)

(laugh)

Snapper;

Sequence Pumps, the leading manufacturer of efficient pumps for the water garden industry for over 25 years, introduces its Reeflo product line dedicated to aquarium and marine applications.

With a combination of energy efficient motors, heavy duty silicon carbide seals, stainless steel fasteners, and UV resistant translucent PVC housing, you can confidently choose the REEFLO product line for your aquarium needs.

Applications:Perfect for 50-250 gallon closed loop systems where Low Watt Draw (approximately 100 watts), quiet operation and low heat transfer is important.

Sequence ReefFlo Snapper Specifications:

- Ports are 2in FNPT suction and 1-1/2in FNPT discharge.

- Flow:2500gph

- Max. Head: 11ft (4.5psi)

- Power: 0.8amps/96Watts

- Units are pre-wired with an 8ft cord and molded 110V plug.

- 3 Years Manufacturer's Warranty.

Dart;

Sequence Pumps, the leading manufacturer of efficient pumps for the water garden industry for over 25 years, introduces its Reeflo product line dedicated to aquarium and marine applications.

With a combination of energy efficient motors, heavy duty silicon carbide seals, stainless steel fasteners, and UV resistant translucent PVC housing, you can confidently choose the REEFLO product line for your aquarium needs.

The Dart is the quietest pump on the market. Ideal applications for this unit are aquariums 100- 200 gallons.

The Dart is great for close loop reef systems requiring high turnover.

This unit is rated for moderately low head pressure and a maximum flow rate of 3,740gph, shut off head of 13 feet and a maximum wattage of 155W/ 1.4 amps.

Our low speed, 1/8 HP motors have extremely low heat transfers.

- Quiet operation

- Minimal heat transfer

- Less than half the watt draw of comparable submersible pumps!

- Ports are 2" FNPT suction and 1.5" FNPT discharge.

- Units are pre-wired with an 8' cord and molded 115V plug.

- Housing is molded GLASS REINFORCED POLYPROPHELENE

- 3 year manufacturer's warranty

I you support it properly the bearings will last longer. Even a leaking reeflo pump can stop leaking if properly supported. This is what happened with mine, so I have a brand new set of bearings now. Great pumps and customer support.

There are better products on the market, especially for noise, like Red Dragon. But they cost about $900