Aquarium hood for 55G

lucid

Just don't reduce the surface agitation too much. Oxygen exchange can be hampered and it will also allow a film(yuk) to build up on the surface.

A gallon or so a day would not be unreasonable for a 55 gallon tank with no sump. My tank evaporates at a rate of about 2 to 4 gallons per day depending upon the conditions (heat and humidity) with around 175 gallons of total volume.

Just don't reduce the surface agitation too much. Oxygen exchange can be hampered and it will also allow a film(yuk) to build up on the surface.

A gallon or so a day would not be unreasonable for a 55 gallon tank with no sump. My tank evaporates at a rate of about 2 to 4 gallons per day depending upon the conditions (heat and humidity) with around 175 gallons of total volume.

Same here, my 55g is a out 1g per day, my 125 with hood and halides uses about 5g in 3 days, my 120g frag tanks use about 2-3g per day. All depends on the setup and the temperature / conditions of the room.

Ok' date=' so this is normal? Man, I really need a DI Filter system. Do i need an RO/DI one, or just DI? it sucks having to make trips to Rose City to get DI water all the time.[/quote']

I wouldn't say that you need DI it all depends on how your water quality is out of your tap. Have you ever taken it in to Rosecity and have him check it? I know in some parts of portland tap is around 20 tdi. Here in vancouver I'm getting 160 tdi straight from tap.

I just picked up a 150 gpd RO/DI 6 stage new for just over $100 from purewaterclub.com.

Just a thought. You probably don't need anything that big either so it could be less than $100 for one.