ebay powerheads

reef165

All for Fish in Albany sells these and in fact may be the seller you refer to on ebay. The construction looks ok. They are cheap (inexpensive). Mr.S has a couple in his school tanks. I'm gonna buy one of the larger ones next week. If you come to the meeting, there will be 10% off coupons for All for Fish available. The store is less than five minutes from N. Albany Middle School.

I've been using a couple of the double headed ones for over a year. They work fine once you get them to start in the right direction. I would not use these on any type of wave maker since each head has the possibility to start in the wrong direction (and at least one of them do every time). The cord is also very short so I have to use an extension cord to reach the socket. Even with the problems I feel that they are a very good deal since they move a lot of water for very little money.

I've been using a couple of the double headed ones for over a year. They work fine once you get them to start in the right direction. I would not use these on any type of wave maker since each head has the possibility to start in the wrong direction (and at least one of them do every time). The cord is also very short so I have to use an extension cord to reach the socket. Even with the problems I feel that they are a very good deal since they move a lot of water for very little money.

Thanks for the info! Helped alot.

I have three of the dual ones in my tank. They all three work fine, had some problems with the suction cups sometimes coming off but I glued one of the suctions cups to the coraline in my tank and has been holding fine now.

The three I have seem to always start the right way and I have yet to clean them. Completely quiet too.

I have a dual korilia and it hates to start in the right direction, go figure. Probably needs cleaned.

• 1 month later...

I bought several (5-6) from eBay seller who is also the same owner of the Albany store steelhead77 named, they are NOT UL rated, mine quit or work intermittedly and have gotten shocked. Spent a little more for Koralia no problems. Just my own experience with "knock off" Koralias, if you watch classified ads here or use eBay you can buy Koralias cheap as well.