Whats your RO water ppm before the di chamber?

Jay

Like the title says.....whats your waters ppm after the ro filter but before the DI resins have filtered it? I want to know because mine is 16 ppm and was wondering if my membrane is bad?

By the way.....my aquarium is still for sale and has been reduced another hundred twentyfive bucks to $525. whoever gets this also gets the rest of my powerheads and misc crap thats left in a bucket....(like that's really incentive right...but the cash reduction is)

Kinda a duel purpose thread

Jay

I just got my TDS meter after having my RO/DI for 3 or 4 months now and was suprised that my readings before the DI are 0 and after of course is also 0 but with a 0 reading before my DI my DI resin is still turning from blue to lite brown Hmmmmm go figure? Yes I would replace filters for sure!

jay our water here in vancouver is about 165ppm going into the membrane. mine runs about 4ppm out the RO and 0-1 out the DI.

Mine here in the couve runs 117 in, after RO 0 and 0 out of DI. I am running 2 years 7 months on the membrane. Will replace here at the beginning of the year.

Shane

I fall in line with the other Vancouverites. 160 out of the tap and around 4ish after the RO. After a couple weeks it will creep to around 7ish and I do a 15 minute flush of the membrane and it drops right back down to 4.

From what Air Water & Ice told me their membranes remove around 96-98 percent of the tds which seems to work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

For all of you, me included, with digital dual tds meters, I was at Danik's place a few days ago and he showed me how the digital dual tds meter was saying 0 while another more accurate meter was showing a significant amount of tds in the same reservoir