Buying a motorcycle this January

Lowman

My wife got me hooked on motorcycles and I am buying one this January. I have looked at several, and I wish I could justify the money for a Harley, but GOD, they are expensive!! So My choices are narrowed down to the new Honda Shadow Phantom 750, Suzuki Intruder 800, Yamaha Vstar 650, and the Kawasaki Boulevard 1400. So the question is, which one would you experienced guys get?

I owned an Harley and some japanese bikes, a Yamaha Virago 535 and an Honda Shadow 600.

I drove some other bikes, friends bikes. I remember both the intruder 1400 and 800 being great bikes.

All of them will drive better and be more reliable than Harleys.

But I would buy an harley again.

There are also Moto Guzzi that are good "old style" bikes. Or you could also consider Triumphs

There's nothing better then riding in the rain' date=' get hit, sick and die! Motorcycle in Oregon HMMMM?[/quote']

I put 15,000 miles on my HARLEY a year and have had more friends wreck their cars than friends wreck their bikes. It comes down to making the right decisions and being aware of your surroundings. I would ride every day in Alaska if I lived there!!!

Bob I have a employee who has a nice harley that they never ride and just looking for someone to take over the payments.

PM me if you want more details.

I think its a sportster 1200 and they owe 8k?

That's a nice thought randy.but.....do the research Bob on a sportster ( I'm a big guy and no way would iever be comfortable on a sportster ) and a new sportster is only 9k. Look for an older wide glide or softail for the same money. Or, spend a few grand more and grab a road king or ultra classic. If you were in the 13 range look at 2001 (twin cam motor) and newer touring bikes ie roadglide roadking ultra etc. You will never own another bike again.

"Street Vibrations in Reno" I just drove back from Reno today that was crazy down their. And my dad and I have the V-star 1100 customs they are great bikes. My bike is a 05 and his is an 06 and he wants to sell his. I think it has just over a thousand miles on it. If you might be interested PM me and I can get you details and pics.