Any one know what this is?

cellowithgills

So it's basically a junk coral for beginners? Also' date=' how much do red/brown/green (between 1"-5") mushrooms go for?[/quote']

Red will go for more as they are hard to find. ($10 or so each?) Any of them that are spotted with different colors (Blue spot on a purple mushroom for instance) will go for more also (about the same). Browns are not much (1 or 2 each) with greens a step about them depending on the green since bright ones will get a bit more. (3-7 each?)

Wow! I guess I should be selling off some of my red ones then

I'm not certain on the reds though I know they are hard to find. I've had a couple of LFS offer to do swaps for them. I usually just give em away though when they start floating. (Might have come from you in the first place)

For a small amount it isn't needed. If you do several though then I would.

Carbon removes chemicals and organic materials from the water, when corals are cut they will put out toxins in self defense. will it kill a bunch of stuff if you cut one? probably not, but if you have carbon, it never hurts to utilize something that is effective and also cheap to implement for security and peace of mind. JMO.