"SEAMAX" in Summer of 2011?

MadMax

HI Everyone!

I trust you all had a great Christmas with family and friends and are now gearing up for the New Year!

I just wanted to throw out an early recon to see if anyone had any imagery/drawings/sketches/graphics they'd like to share for the SEA-MAX effort?

We have not yet created a logo or promotioanal image specific to SEA-MAX (to be used for postcards, flyers, posters, etc.)

If anyone has any artistic talent or simple ideas they'd like to volunteer, we'd love to see them.

Please e-mail us at: info@MarineAquariumExpo.com

thank you!

I do brand identity and graphic design on the side - I'll send you an email (naughty)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have there been any Hotel's associated with the SEAMAX yet?

The last I heard from Kevin is that they were trying to work on a "package" with some of the hotels up there.

I know their So. Cal. show is just around the coner so that is the top priority right now, since it is in April. But if he dosen't post about this soon remind me and I will email him and get you an answer.

Have there been any Hotel's associated with the SEAMAX yet?

Here is Kevins answer to your question..........

To answer your question, I am jumping on this task this week and hope to have a hotel confirmed by mid/late January. Please ask your members to hold off booking a hotel until we get one lined-up with the SEA-MAX show. It is far more fun and memorable to have everyone staying in the same location.

Here is Kevins answer to your question..........

It is far more fun and memorable to have everyone staying in the same location.

Memorable? or Dangerous? could be both they usually go hand in hand;)

I have a couple of LFS from Longview to Bellingham that want posters or flyers when they are ready. I'm going to B-ham at the end of the month to visit my daughter & will talk to the LFS up there & keep them pumped up.

Memorable? or Dangerous? could be both they usually go hand in hand;)

I have a couple of LFS from Longview to Bellingham that want posters or flyers when they are ready. I'm going to B-ham at the end of the month to visit my daughter & will talk to the LFS up there & keep them pumped up.

As of now there is no 'official' logo to make banners and such. (at least that was the last thing I heard) So word of mouth is still the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to Kevin today for about an hour on the phone.

First off he called to make sure all of up here in the NW were not floating away do to the flooding! :)

He said the news in CA has made it out to be really bad. I told him this is normal NW weather and it happens every year.

But we did talk SEA-MAX too.

1- he is currently working on the 2nd trailer to haul things up here.

2- he is having trouble finding a hotel chain in Seattle that will work out a deal, but he has yet to hear back from all of the ones he has contacted. So he asked that we wait for awhile longer before booking hotels.

3- logo/banner/signage should be ready in the next couple of weeks.

4- If his schedule permits he might make a trip up here to Portland later on as he will be in Medford.

I think that is it as far as Sea-Max talk went. If I remember anything else I'll post it later on.

BTW- He is really happy with the response that we here in the club have shown. Better then our neighbors to the north! Another reason we are better then them!! :p (rock2) (naughty)

3- logo/banner/signage should be ready in the next couple of weeks.

Michael, Do you know if he is going to have posters or anything along those lines we can spread around? When I was getting my new tank @ Petco in Longview I was telling the guy there about it & he was pretty excited & said "Please bring something by to advertise it when you can" they have a couple guys there that have reef tanks & said they have several customers that would be interested. I can spread stuff & word of mouth(as I have been doing) in S.W. Washington. Whatever you need I'm here. Mike

Michael' date=' Do you know if he is going to have posters or anything along those lines we can spread around? When I was getting my new tank @ Petco in Longview I was telling the guy there about it & he was pretty excited & said "Please bring something by to advertise it when you can" they have a couple guys there that have reef tanks & said they have several customers that would be interested. I can spread stuff & word of mouth(as I have been doing) in S.W. Washington. Whatever you need I'm here. Mike[/quote']

Yes it is suppose to be something like that. And I have asked to get some to hand out.

• 2 weeks later...

Next SEAMAX Update

First order of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" postcards has been placed.

I should have these in hand by Feb. 10 and ready to distribute soon thereafter.

I will be sending Mike Wilson an entire batch of 5,000 post cards directly from the printer to distribute where-ever and to whom-ever is willing to pass them out.

I get mine on the 10th and then will place the order for Mike immediately thereafter (inspecting 1st batch for quality & accuracy first)

side 1

SEAMAXPostcardFront.jpg

side 2

SEAMAXPostcardBack.jpg

We are currently working on the hotel arrangement and should have an announcement soon

Plans are going great! we are now at 85% capacity, so if anyone knows of a business out there who might benefit from this show, please let them know to contact us very soon!