"SEAMAX" in Summer of 2011?

MadMax

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

GREAT response, thank you for all your input.

We are still polling vendors to see who would participate.

Thus far this is what we are targeting:

(Info. is only tentative/preliminary IF we hold a PNW event this year)

Name: (name pending)

Date: July 2011

Duration: Weekend - Friday exhibitor setup, Sat/Sun. Exhibit days

Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm both Sat/Sun.

Booth Cost: ESTIMATED - $750 per 10'x10' (pipe-n-drape/tables/chairs, incl.)

Entrance Fee: ESTIMATED - $25 Adult, $15 Senior/Military, FREE for Kids 12 & under

Attendance: ESTIMATED - 1,000+

Raffle: 5:00 pm both Saturday and Sunday

Venue: 20,000-25,000 Sq. Ft. Indoor convention hall

Exhibitors: 50+ (Manufacturers, Distributors, Retailers, Hobby-sellers)

Speakers: Unknown at this time

Staff: Require 20 volunteers (10 full-time and 10 part-time)

I hope this helps

We will add more information as it is known.

Thank you to all those who are helping to make this show a reality!

MAX Staff

Hi Everyone,

GREAT response, thank you for all your input.

We are still polling vendors to see who would participate.

Thus far this is what we are targeting:

(Info. is only tentative/preliminary IF we hold a PNW event this year)

Name: SEAMAX

Date: July 2011

Duration: Weekend - Friday exhibitor setup, Sat/Sun. Exhibit days

Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm both Sat/Sun.

Booth Cost: ESTIMATED - $750 per 10'x10' (pipe-n-drape/tables/chairs, incl.)

Entrance Fee: ESTIMATED - $15 Adult, $10 Senior, FREE for Kids 12 & under

Attendance: ESTIMATED - 1,000+

Raffle: 5:00 pm both Saturday and Sunday

Venue: 20,000-25,000 Sq. Ft. Indoor convention hall

Exhibitors: 50+ (Manufacturers, Distributors, Retailers, Hobby-sellers)

Speakers: Unknown at this time

Staff: Require 20 volunteers (10 full-time and 10 part-time)

I hope this helps

We will add more information as it is known.

Thank you to all those who are helping to make this show a reality!

MAX Staff

What is needed to get this thing to happen in Seattle? Anything we can do besides offering volunteers??

Ryan- I believe, right now it is about showing that there is a big 'want' to have a conference out here in the PNW. Between our club, PSAS, and the clubs around we need to get the word to our members so we can show interest. Some of the Seattle locals have said that the Puyallup Center is a good place for this. So I think (hope) someone up there is getting that info together and getting it to Kevin.

I also asked Kevin to email me if there is anything else we can do to help. He has not asked of anything as of yet, other then to spread the word. I have tried to contact every club I can find info. for in OR, WA, ID, MT, and UT. Directing them to the RF thread since it started there. I know of at least one club that got the info and has checked in to that thread.

Maybe if you know of people out there in different clubs in a different state you could contact them to make them aware of this possibility.

What is needed to get this thing to happen in Seattle? Anything we can do besides offering volunteers??

YES! 3 things to be exact:

Exhibitors, Exhibitors, and Exhibitors

We have strong relationships with the manufacturers but LOCAL RETAILERS are a key ingredient and something we do not have direct access to. We would need a good dozen local retail shops to commit to exhibiting at SEAMAX before we can make any real progress.

Also, don't forget about our main show down here in Southern California in April

One vendor brought up a very good point that we may be canibalizing part of our SoCal show by pulling off another MAX just three months later.

I'm not sure if there is a solution to rectifying that concern.

We have strong relationships with the manufacturers but LOCAL RETAILERS are a key ingredient and something we do not have direct access to. We would need a good dozen local retail shops to commit to exhibiting at SEAMAX before we can make any real progress.

Also, don't forget about our main show down here in Southern California in April

One vendor brought up a very good point that we may be canibalizing part of our SoCal show by pulling off another MAX just three months later.

I would be shocked if you cannibalized more than a handful of people north of Redding, CA unless I'm in the minority about flying to LA (too long a drive) but you've got previous attendance logs that probably break down by zip code.

How many ya needing? Lets get this going.

Ok, here are the three main issues we seriously face

1) Number of Attendees

2) Key Retail Exhibitors

3) Affordable Venue

I wish to tackle number 1 very soon by starting an e-mail database somehow. That way we will have something tangible to show potential exhibitors that PNW means business!

I'll make an announcement soon about how we can collect e-mails. (for privacy reasons, we will ask for names and e-mail addresses only....and ONLY for this use)

SPECIAL NOTE:

please understand I am only communicating these issues because people have asked. The fact that we are responsible for overcoming these issues is not lost on us and we fully understand this is our burden to bear. The last thing in the world we want is to create any frustration (or worse, animosity) amongst the PNW community. If anyone wishes to express their thoughts and/or even opposition to this event, please feel free to post them here. What we do NOT want is to get 3/4 of the way into planning and organizing this event only to find out some group has been stewing and raising their eyebrows all along, and by then it is too late to recitify the issues. We honestly want this event to be a win-win situation for everyone involved, so please be honest and up front with anything on your mind. We want SEAMAX to be a reality just as much as you.

Together we can make this happen!

Warmest Regards,

MAX Staff