My emerald is eating a snail as I type

Zoolander

The snail may have been dead or dying my emerald, hermits, and porcelin(spelling?) have been seen eating dead snail even fightting over them. When the snail is alive none bother them. My crabs love when I put some seawead or nori tied to a weight. Thats the only time they really come fully into the open. I also agree if you have problems give them a time out in the refugiem.

Because you just moved them and such, the snail was probably dieing or already dead. No worries.

Clay

They will scavenge more than kill healthy inverts. They sense the weak or dying. ( or at least I tell myself that when I see the carnage) watch him and decide what you beleive his intentions are. Before he gets the ruge for being a scavenger and a healthy addition to the reef as a whole.

He's not getting tossed' date=' yet. He hasn't done this before so I imagine it is the snail. Just wanting to make sure, though.[/quote']

Don't toss him. My tanks are riddled with empty snail shells. Snails die real easy. Hermits like to steal snail shells too. Unless you emerald is hungry it shouldn't agressivly take out a snail. Emeralds are territorial and will snap at things to tell them they are there and to go away. But usually once a tank settles in they all tend to just get along.