Thoughts on this light fixture?

lucid

The 8 bulb unit from the seller that is located in Albany, OR would be the way to go IMO if it was beteween the 2.

The 4 bulb unit wont "grow" SPS and may not even keep them alive. It would be a softie bulb at best and LPS I would not even dig that.

I've seen dual 150MH w/T5's sell for a few hundred here.

Dont rush it, you may regret it.

Ideally for a 55 gallon IMO would be a dual 150MH w/ 2-54 watt T5's or the 8 bulb T5's.

Ryan @ All For Fish in Albany has some very nice fixtures. Here's one that he is selling on his ebay store:

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Bulb-48-T5-T-5-HO-Aquarium-Lighting-System-432-watt-/300433525092?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f33bc964

I was in there yesterday and he has about 2 dozen of these types of fixtures in stock. He has 2,4,6,8 bulb T5 fixtures along with MH/CF and MH/T5 fixtures, all in stock.

Yesterday I was talking with Sharole. We were chatting about Barrier Reefs and about when they visited the store. They said that the display tank has the most amazing light you can imagine and that the corals inside looks so nice that they seem "photoshopped".

With lights you get what you payed for. Sure those fancy italians have to add some design that rise the price of a sfiligoi unit to the roof.

Most of the cheap pendant you see out there are too thin. Reflectors for halides do need some room. So a good unit that includes halides should be a little thick.

They will work... I have some cheapo thin fixtures on a frag tank and they work.

But for getting one inch in a month out of sps with 14k bulbs you need to invest a little bit more on the light side.

Have you ever noticed how the more unpronounceable the name, the more expensive it is? Sfiligoi, Tunze, Geisemann...

Odyssea is easy... not a good light lol

Yesterday I was talking with Sharole. We were chatting about Barrier Reefs and about when they visited the store. They said that the display tank has the most amazing light you can imagine and that the corals inside looks so nice that they seem "photoshopped".

With lights you get what you payed for. Sure those fancy italians have to add some design that rise the price of a sfiligoi unit to the roof.

Most of the cheap pendant you see out there are too thin. Reflectors for halides do need some room. So a good unit that includes halides should be a little thick.

They will work... I have some cheapo thin fixtures on a frag tank and they work.

But for getting one inch in a month out of sps with 14k bulbs you need to invest a little bit more on the light side.

Have you ever noticed how the more unpronounceable the name, the more expensive it is? Sfiligoi, Tunze, Geisemann...

Odyssea is easy... not a good light lol

I agree Grassi. You get what ya pay for. I think most of these would be more than sufficient for a 55 though.

BTW- ATI is easy to pronounce :p