Am I out of line?

madmike

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't matter' date=' I deleted all my posts.[/quote']

I noticed that. It actually does matter. You can't post something, try to stir up something, then delete it as if it didn't happen(wasnt me)(laugh) but appreciate that you did censor yourself as it was getting off topic and was missing the point and that's all I'm going to say.(backtotopic)

I noticed that. It actually does matter. You can't post something' date=' try to stir up something, then delete it as if it didn't happen(wasnt me)(laugh) but appreciate that you did censor yourself as it was getting off topic and was missing the point and that's all I'm going to say.(backtotopic)[/quote']

Ahhh man.. I was at work all day. I just got home and missed everything that was going on in the thread...

Well good luck Mike!

no I shouldn't get involved with anything of actual impact. I have learned that. But I will clear this up here.

I wasn't saying that this thread was sponsor bashing as it isn't....Chris is not a sponsor as far as I know, but a member. And this wasn't necessarily bashing. My comment was more directed at the fact that threads are closed immediately when they are like this but regarding a sponsor....which I don't agree with, but left open when regarding a member....it's like a double standard and it doesn't make sense. The fact is the sponsors are here to make the members money, they are potential "customers"....and here it seems like the sponsor is protected and the member (customer) is held accountable and I don't agree with that methodology. I believe that people both member and sponsor (but more so sponsor) should be held accountable for their actions. I for one don't mind if a negative thread is started about CA2OR Corals...people are entitled to thier opinions whether you agree with them or not, I will take them as constructive critisizm and I for one will accept any negativity and strive to improve on it or address it. Not to mention that I don't have any reason to think that there would be anything negative to say about anyone's experience with me.

Yes I removed my posts because it seemed to be misread, as apparently a lot of mine lately have been. I initially read this as Mike was upset with Chris because he bought a fish, it sustained some stress and injury during capture, it died, and Mike wasn't happy. Understandably I will add. Chris offered to give half the money back....which on a sellers side I see as acceptable, and on a buyers side I don't. Even now when I read the initial post I still get the feeling that although Mike says "he did the wrong thing" and that he "chalked it up to a learning experience" but it still seems like he is seeking guidence or reassurance on his decision. So I share my opinion on what I would have done. I have been a member here for a little while and only recently became a sponsor....but even there I consider myself a member more than a sponsor. I paid for the sponsorship because it is the right thing to do when you are selling corals and plan on doing so on a regular basis.

I mean yeah, Mike it probably wasn't a good decision to take the fish in that condition after witnessing the stress and damage first hand, but to be honest I probably would have taken it too. But my bottom line opinion is that a 50/50 split, or giving half the money back is fair. Sponsors would most likely refund all or replace the fish, but that is different. I do believe that all sales are "as is" when in the private sector. Members don't give guarantee's like sponsors. And yes, I would chalk this one up as a learning experience too.

I was not even remotely hinting towards a thread regarding Nanoreef, more of a general statement, or smartass.....this was wrong place for it. But it did relate to what I already mentioned above with the whole sponsor/member thing.

Due to the fact that the members name was mentioned specificlly in the first post to me makes this more than a general question and more of putting someone on the spot and an integrity check. Had the members name been withheld I would have no problem with this at all. So I thought, and still do think, that this thread should be closed and deleted. Sorry Mike but you guys should sort this out privately via PM or something and if there is no resolution THEN post it. And again, if this thread was directed towards a sponsor it would not be tollerated by the mod's and BOD and would be closed and deleted in a heartbeat.

But as stated that isn't how our club rolls.

I see no reason why it should be closed.

it's staying open.

oh....and

You can't post something' date=' try to stir up something, then delete it[/quote']

and this is another thing that I believe is something is wrong here, because I can. There SHOULD be a time limit on how long you have to go and edit a post. You SHOULD NOT be able to do what I just did.

ok....I'm done.

Mike, I think you did the right thing by posting your experience, and I hope some of us learned from your mistake. The REAL loser here was the fish, I know that sounds corny and sappy, but the fish is dead, which really sucks.

Well Jody, at least you don't need that "blue" pill!!!!

It's just not worth it to reply to a single thing Eric has to say, it's like that old saying, if his lips are moving, you know what he's doing.

Oh, and just an FYI, while it still says Vendor Relations under my name, that's not the case anymore, as I've resigned, so before you start yelling that that isn't how a VR person should act, just know that.

Verba volant scripta manent, but not on PNWMAS. I will work on that.

I agree with some aspects of your last post Eric, so please leave it there for a few days ;)

The only thing I would save about this thread is Brad's "press #1"

no I shouldn't get involved with anything of actual impact. I have learned that. But I will clear this up here.

I wasn't saying that this thread was sponsor bashing as it isn't....Chris is not a sponsor as far as I know, but a member. And this wasn't necessarily bashing. My comment was more directed at the fact that threads are closed immediately when they are like this but regarding a sponsor....which I don't agree with, but left open when regarding a member....it's like a double standard and it doesn't make sense. The fact is the sponsors are here to make the members money, they are potential "customers"....and here it seems like the sponsor is protected and the member (customer) is held accountable and I don't agree with that methodology. I believe that people both member and sponsor (but more so sponsor) should be held accountable for their actions. I for one don't mind if a negative thread is started about CA2OR Corals...people are entitled to thier opinions whether you agree with them or not, I will take them as constructive critisizm and I for one will accept any negativity and strive to improve on it or address it. Not to mention that I don't have any reason to think that there would be anything negative to say about anyone's experience with me.

Yes I removed my posts because it seemed to be misread, as apparently a lot of mine lately have been. I initially read this as Mike was upset with Chris because he bought a fish, it sustained some stress and injury during capture, it died, and Mike wasn't happy. Understandably I will add. Chris offered to give half the money back....which on a sellers side I see as acceptable, and on a buyers side I don't. Even now when I read the initial post I still get the feeling that although Mike says "he did the wrong thing" and that he "chalked it up to a learning experience" but it still seems like he is seeking guidence or reassurance on his decision. So I share my opinion on what I would have done. I have been a member here for a little while and only recently became a sponsor....but even there I consider myself a member more than a sponsor. I paid for the sponsorship because it is the right thing to do when you are selling corals and plan on doing so on a regular basis.

I mean yeah, Mike it probably wasn't a good decision to take the fish in that condition after witnessing the stress and damage first hand, but to be honest I probably would have taken it too. But my bottom line opinion is that a 50/50 split, or giving half the money back is fair. Sponsors would most likely refund all or replace the fish, but that is different. I do believe that all sales are "as is" when in the private sector. Members don't give guarantee's like sponsors. And yes, I would chalk this one up as a learning experience too.

I was not even remotely hinting towards a thread regarding Nanoreef, more of a general statement, or smartass.....this was wrong place for it. But it did relate to what I already mentioned above with the whole sponsor/member thing.

Due to the fact that the members name was mentioned specificlly in the first post to me makes this more than a general question and more of putting someone on the spot and an integrity check. Had the members name been withheld I would have no problem with this at all. So I thought, and still do think, that this thread should be closed and deleted. Sorry Mike but you guys should sort this out privately via PM or something and if there is no resolution THEN post it. And again, if this thread was directed towards a sponsor it would not be tollerated by the mod's and BOD and would be closed and deleted in a heartbeat.

But as stated that isn't how our club rolls.

oh....and

and this is another thing that I believe is something is wrong here, because I can. There SHOULD be a time limit on how long you have to go and edit a post. You SHOULD NOT be able to do what I just did.

ok....I'm done.

Here ya go Alex, this way he can't delete it.

It's just not worth it to reply to a single thing Eric has to say' date=' it's like that old saying, if his lips are moving, you know what he's doing.[/quote']

Now that is funny. So what about my actions makes you think that Mick? I would really like to know because this isn't the first time you have questioned my integrity, and we have met before have we not? Did I screw you over? Were you not happy? Did I do something scandelous in the TECO Group Buy? What about the Grow Outs....or Share the love?

Sorry Eric, but I've got better things to do than sit here and talk to you.

Mike, sorry the fish died man, hey, if I don't get a bigger tank by the time it's needed, would you like to, in the future, purchase a beautiful naso? LOL

Chris, glad to see you come on here and put up your point of view as well, I personally feel this was handled in an extremely adult manner, and I for one am thankful it went the way it did, kudos to everyone.

WOOOOHOOOO!! THat's all I've got!! Just read the whole triangulated drama circle and I really have to give it all ya'll, you sure know how to push eachothers buttons, get on your high horses, and sarcastically bash eachother! Just so you know I will never ask for my money back. I don't even complain. One time I made a joke, but that is what I will always do. But Right now, right here in this moment I really do like to fight. I don't like to talk, I don't like to whine, I don't like to act a fool, and I really can have alot of fun! I love IT!!

Sunshine and Smiles,

Clay "The Savage" Fraser

oh....and

ok....I'm done.

Fixed that for ya Eric. I will pass this along to the board and see what we can do about it :)

2nd request for a Drama emoticon

No kidding that would be saweet-

I have been trying to figure out how to stir this up a little but it is driving itself quite well-

I'll figure something out-perhaps some personal attack or mentioning how certain folks water parameters are just a graveyard waiting to be filled-(scary)

(backtotopic)

but first I think a little more of this-nopity.gif

and a lot more of this-other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

but when it is all said and done can we have a big one of these-grouphug5.gif

Dang I amuse myselfBlue_nods.gif

I love it!

2nd request for a Drama emoticon

Great suggestion! (clap)

How about an entire drama section??

No kidding that would be saweet-

I have been trying to figure out how to stir this up a little but it is driving itself quite well-

I'll figure something out-perhaps some personal attack or mentioning how certain folks water parameters are just a graveyard waiting to be filled-(scary)

(backtotopic)

but first I think a little more of this-nopity.gif

and a lot more of this-other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

but when it is all said and done can we have a big one of these-grouphug5.gif

Dang I amuse myselfBlue_nods.gif

I heart Emoticons!(rock2)(laugh)

Lol these type of threads usually do take on a life of their own....you just have to have the right "ingredients":

1. Step one have forum member present some general criticism (for spicier recipe make it a more personal attack;))

2. Step two: Somehow feel that generality is personally directed at you (again for spicer recipe make it a more personal attack) and make inflammatory retaliation that is completely off the original topic

alternatively, hold some type of grudge from some long forgotten thread and somehow insert it into completely unrelated thread to get your "revenge"

3. Allow certain frequent posters to chime in

4. Step 4 rinse and repeat

alternatively present a poll to add more interest (laugh)