Who Ya Listen To?

Algae

There are people that we consistently pay attention to reef advice when they post because their advice is dependable and insightful.

Two of the people that I pay very close attention to are Lowman (Bob) and Impur (Miles). Their advice is just sound and speaks often from experience. The surprising commonality is that Bob and Miles advice is usually given in a "matter of fact" manner and that they readily admit when they don't know and will not attempt to BS. Both will also try new methods and are not locked into a certain methodology unless it has merits that are proven.

I have learned, through experience, to trust both of them for advice!

So this is a shout out for Bob and Miles!

I don't know a lot of Northern or Southern reefers.

So, the question is:

Whose advice on the forum makes your ears perk up a little bit higher?

Re: Who Ya Listen To?

Well whatever you do don't listen to me.....I have no idea what I am doing.

BTW, what does "reef" mean when you say reed advice?

Miles and Bob are both assetts to this club along with Jody, Garrett, Pledo, Dave, that Algae guy is cool, and of course.....Reefnjunkie because he shoots straight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I love to hear what all of you have to say everyone here for the most part give good sound idea's which I love to formulate my own idea's from that and Bob and Miles you guy's really are a great asset as Ive found you have answered most posts I think I would have a answer for with sound info and cant even add so hats off to you two for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Just look at the rep points

All you need to do is look at the rep points then you know who to trust..(whistle);)

In all seriousness, in addition to above mentioned, I have found

Isaac (TCM) -knows corals, fish, species, identification ,care, etc. Very knowledgeable. Also offers some useful nonconventional ideas that really work.

Grassi- useful overall general knowledge. I just don't listen to him sometimes.;)

and

Frank-he's the Apex man and very good with equipment repair and information

If you want an honest, nonpolitical opinion of a vendor Brad (Reefnjunkie) is helpful in that aspect

There are a lot of people with massive knowledge in our forum. That's why I really suggest it to the beginners. When in doubt just ask, there is not stupid question :)

All the people you guys cited are the ones I refer to, as well.

Also, when I need some identification, our president Roy is the man.

Back when i started in the hobby I was lucky enough to stumble into Soutas when Rick was not feeling sick. I asked him a thousand stupid questions and he answered every one of them in a way that made my idiotic self understand what he was saying. I can also give some kudos to Randy S, to Travis, a lady named Lise from Vancouver, who also helped open SWF, Tom, Shane Monahan from Waves, just to name a few. These folks gave their advise willingly and it has carried me through to the successes I have had.

I would have to say that Reefit' date=' Saltfinsax, and Rick have all been very helpful to me. As a somewhat new reefer they all have great suggestions.[/quote']

Another humbled reefer here. I can't take much credit myself though. I'm usually just passing on bit's and piece's I picked up here and there.

Two that come to mind for me are Bob "Lowman" and Dennis "Dsoz". I also agree Roy is pretty sharp on the ID's. Keep in mind that these are just the two that come to the top as there are really many helpful people here and I'm sure I've picked up things from a lot of others here as well. The strength here is not that we have a few knowledgeable people but rather that we have a decent sized group where the sum of all equals much more than the individual parts.

Thank you guys for the props as the ID guy! I guess it means i need to get out more lol. As for helpful people, i think just about everyone on here at one time or another has helped me out. The two that probably helped me the most was Shane Monahan (original waves owner) Gary and Joy of Harbor Aquatics (now closed in Indiana)

the two people along the way (from my baby reefin' days) that I have grown to trust 100% are Isaac and Frank. I like to think I have a pretty good grasp on most things reefing, but if I don't and either one of these guys gave me advice I wouldn't think twice about it. SOLID... Many others here I would listen, but since I lack that personal bond with them I would still have to research to find agreement with the response. I answer a ton of questions from a few people but I'll be the first to tell you when I don't know the correct answer...