impacted?

Gill

my kole tangs belly is distended on both sides of his body. I thought maybe he was just full, but I fed very little yesterday and nothing today and it has not gone down. I will try to post a pic a little later but I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this before. P.S. he still eats like a pig

could be worms' date=' parasite of some sort. or he just eats alot. my lawnmower blenny overeats and gets to looking like a tadpole pot belly sometimes.[/quote']

how long does your lawnmowers belly take to go back to normal?

If my tang eats a lot of chaeto it will look like it is pregnant it is so bulging from the stomach. It does go down after a few days. I have to be careful how much chaeto that I allow to go into the display because there is not much in the way of digestible nutrition in it.

dsoz

i have not used it. it should have directions on the bottle? I have dosed chem marine for parasites before. i usually shut off skimming and pull out carbon filters.

Ya it does have instructions but at the LFS I was told to soak food but the bottle says to add to the water so then I googled it to figure out how much to soak the food in (I didn't want to overdose). It turns out there is a big controversy about soak versus bath versus don't use. Plus every one said there fish were skinny and mine is not, he just has a bloated stomach, so now I am not sure if he even has worms????

Prazi-Pro for freshwater is 1 oz per 120g I believe. You want to use it in a QT tank without a skimmer though because it will create a lot of foam.

A lot of people use it in there display, but I have decided if I do use it I am going to set up a QT because it kills ALL worms and with all my feather dusters and bristle worms that would be a lot of decay in my system

I use prazi on all of my new fish along with cupramine in QT. Yes' date=' some have used it in a display but you are definitely taking a risk as with any medication. Is the fish still eating normally?[/quote']

Ya he eats like a pig and seems just fine except his belly is bulging like he just ate a huge meal. I'm starting to think I miss diagnosed because his poop looks normal and he has not lost weight. Any ideas?

If it were my fish and it didn't seem "off" in its swimming or feeding habits, I would probably just watch it and see. At any sign of stopping eating or starting to swim funny I would rush to treat.

What kind of foods do you feed? Any changes lately?

If it were my fish and it didn't seem "off" in its swimming or feeding habits, I would probably just watch it and see. At any sign of stopping eating or starting to swim funny I would rush to treat.

What kind of foods do you feed? Any changes lately?

I feed spirulina flakes mostly, also they get spectrum and frozen (mysids brine plankton) They wont eat nori? No changes but in hindsight this lump has been growing for maybe a month or two?

Since you refer to it as a "lump" I don't think we're correctly envisioning the problem. I think most of us are just picturing a fat fish, and when you say Lump, I'm starting to think its restricted to a small area...

Can you take a picture of it? Might be easier to diagnose that way..

Just the word "lump" seems scary...