Fish for Sale

Chris

I'm breaking down my tank and it's time for the fish to go. I've had all of these for a couple years so they are well adjusted and healthy. They readily eat sinking pellets as well as frozen cube preparations:

Peacock Wrasse (Halichoeres Argus), 5" - $40

Kole Tang, 4" - $30

Perc. Clown, ~3" - $10

PM me if interested.

Chris

Aw cmon Brad what did you really want to say? Edited?DOH! LOL(laugh)

I felt a wave of PC freindliness flowing over me, and after I puked all over myself for feeling that way, I lost the need to flame the new guy-

I posted my thoughts-its buyer beware when buying from someone you dont know.

For wha its worth my initial post was asking Chris if he was "feeling the love" but I skipped the part where I said

"Welcome"

So......

Welcome, we are a great group of folks-well they are-;)

Sigh - the crowd mentality is why I left this message board a couple of years ago.... before the club was actually at this URL and instead shared space at another site. I was actually an early PNWMAS member when it formed but life gets busy and you stop checking the boards several times a day or going to the meetings. Before you know it - you're no longer "known" because you have few posts at the "new" URL and therefore a risk to buy from.

The reality is that anytime you transfer a fish between two tanks you have the same exact risk of stress to the fish. I can't control what happens once the fish leaves my door, so yes, I sell "as is" going out the door. I've seen too many people not take the time to test the salinity and pH of the water that comes with the fish to have faith that they properly acclimate every time. Mike may not fall in this bucket but I'm not a business, I'm just trying to find someone who can give my fish a good home instead of a near death sentence if I take them to a LFS. The benefit of my fish vs. a LFS is that they are eating pellet foods and they've been acclimated to a home tank for 3 years. Most of the fish in a LFS were trans-shipped within the last month, so you take your chances either way.

In the case of the Angel, it got stuck in the net. I let Mike help free it as I wanted him to feel comfortable with the condition of it. We watched it swim around in a bucket and discussed how some tissue on the gill spine had been damaged and then Mike said he'd take it and give it a good acclimation.

Less than a perfectly healthy fish isn't what I intended to deliver but Mike seemed confident it would be fine and left. There was no hemming or hawing, I was handed the money and he said good bye. Once I found out that the Angel didn't make it, I offered Mike half his money back given the gill spine damage was clearly on my shoulders. I thought this the most fair since I couldn't control what happened once it left my house - I would have just as easily been fine with putting it back into my tank.

So that's my side... I won't spend time justifying further.

If anyone is still interested in the fish I have, just drop me a PM - Should you show up for them and feel they are anything less than exactly what you expect, just say so and you don't have to take them.

• Like 1

Sigh - the crowd mentality is why I left this message board a couple of years ago.... before the club was actually at this URL and instead shared space at another site. I was actually an early PNWMAS member when it formed but life gets busy and you stop checking the boards several times a day or going to the meetings. Before you know it - you're no longer "known" because you have few posts at the "new" URL and therefore a risk to buy from.

The reality is that anytime you transfer a fish between two tanks you have the same exact risk of stress to the fish. I can't control what happens once the fish leaves my door, so yes, I sell "as is" going out the door. I've seen too many people not take the time to test the sanity and pH of the water that comes with the fish to have faith that they properly acclimate every time. Mike may not fall in this bucket but I'm not a business, I'm just trying to find someone who can give my fish a good home instead of a near death sentence if I take them to a LFS. The benefit of my fish vs. a LFS is that they are eating pellet foods and they've been acclimated to a home tank for 3 years. Most of the fish in a LFS were trans-shipped within the last month, so you take your chances either way.

In the case of the Angel, it got stuck in the net. I let Mike help free it as I wanted him to feel comfortable with the condition of it. We watched it swim around in a bucket and discussed how some tissue on the gill spine had been damaged and then Mike said he'd take it and give it a good acclimation.

Less than a perfectly healthy fish isn't what I intended to deliver but Mike seemed confident it would be fine and left. There was no hemming or hawing, I was handed the money and he said good bye. Once I found out that the Angel didn't make it, I offered Mike half his money back given the gill spine damage was clearly on my shoulders. I thought this the most fair since I couldn't control what happened once it left my house - I would have just as easily been fine with putting it back into my tank.

So that's my side... I won't spend time justifying further.

If anyone is still interested in the fish I have, just drop me a PM - Should you show up for them and feel they are anything less than exactly what you expect, just say so and you don't have to take them.

Chris I don't know you and I apologize for not getting your side of the story. I actually figured you were not brand new to the forum as madmike mentioned he bought something else from you. I understand the risk of selling something to someone you don't know but I did assume you did know madmike as you have dealt with him before.

but Mike seemed confident it would be fine and left. There was no hemming or hawing

This was YOUR assumption as quite frankly I was really worried with the way it was swimming. I may not show my emotion on the outside, but I wanted to get this fish back into a suitable environment as quickly as possible and felt that I could do that quickly as I only lived about 10 minutes away. I should have just told you to keep it and for that, I apologize, and THIS is the reason I have told you to keep all of the money. You could just have easily asked to keep the fish for further observation, you mention that you would have been fine with putting it back in your tank but that was not verbalized to me. but the money was readily accepted and I was shown to the door. I choose to treat people I deal with as my friends and not just some customer, and if this would have happened the other way around, there is no question I would have bent over backwards to refund you as thats how I roll. I'm sorry this happened, I think the fish would have loved all 12 feet of swimming space I could have provided for it :( Good luck in your endeavors outside the aquarium community.

And then here is a reaction. When I buy a fish I never expect a guarantee. That's just silly!! If they mess with the fish when catching it and are a little rough. I am the first to say "Naw, I think i'll pass" As that is my responsibility not the sellers. Sorry MADmike, not trying to side with anyone, just my opinion.

Clay

Chris I deleted my posts and again I apologize for flaming you in this thread. My own personal beliefs should not interfere with you making a sale particularly as I see a number of people feel how you dealt with the situation was fair. Again I apologize.

Re: Fish for Sale

I'm breaking down my tank and it's time for the fish to go. I've had all of these for a couple years so they are well adjusted and healthy. They readily eat sinking pellets as well as frozen cube preparations:

Peacock Wrasse (Halichoeres Argus), 5" - $40

Kole Tang, 4" - $30

Perc. Clown, ~3" - $10

PM me if interested.

Chris

Do you have a pic of the wrasse?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk