RO/DI system questions?

NoobtoSalt

That's a might cheap price, I'm not sure if it's worth it going that cheap, you might end up replacing parts constantly......

Air Water and Ice make an awesome product at a helluva good price, they're worth looking into for sure.

Yeah I've been looking on their site as well. I guess I could PM them to see what makes their product so much better based on price.

Quality, you ALWAYS pay more for quality products as opposed to run of the mill stuff :P

Come on man, you watch infomercials :P The good stuff is always more expensive :P

I guess I should go for the Ferrari then...

Really from what I've seen the fitting that the first one I was mentioning doesn't come with anything fancy so that's a huge minus for it but other than that aren't these things all equal?

Re: RO/DI system questions?

I would check it out....seems the price is totally right. Check into warranty, I think its worth it....I mean what all parts are there? Membranes, hoses, seals, how much can possibly fail. Personally I would do it.

Besides, I have seen infomercials for Intel and Mercedes....so does that mean they suck? Got my Ultimate Chopper from an infomertial and you know what....every kitchen keen individual that comes over and sees or uses it is totally impressed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I would check it out....seems the price is totally right. Check into warranty, I think its worth it....I mean what all parts are there? Membranes, hoses, seals, how much can possibly fail. Personally I would do it.

Besides, I have seen infomercials for Intel and Mercedes....so does that mean they suck? Got my Ultimate Chopper from an infomertial and you know what....every kitchen keen individual that comes over and sees or uses it is totally impressed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. Shouldn't you be sleeping...(laugh)

Congrats again btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to order this in the next day or so, Anyone else have any suggestions as to what fittings I should get? I'm going to hold off on the inline TDS meter for now but will get one in the future. I have a hand held one for the current time. Could I get away with the needle fittings for the initial startup and just change them out in a month or so, or should I just spend the extra $20 on the other fittings?

I have the 6 stage 150 per day one from purewaterclub. Works really well, after about a year I just replaced everything but the RO membrane and everything read 000 tds. I did have a issue with the DI resin in the 2 DI tubes being low and caused my water to go to like 20 tds. I contaced Dave at Purewater and he promptly send me some new DI resin free in about 3 days. Just got it packed back in and its reading 000 tds again.

Plus they offer free shipping right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well almost 2 months later I finally just ordered it. Should be here in 2-5 business days. I will let everyone know how it works out. I decided to get the larger unit. Don't need it at all but I figure that if I do ever get a larger tank it would be nice.

150gpd here I come!!!