PNWMAS let's help a fellow hobbyist! (Bracelets for Rylee Simmons)

R-3

Over on R2R there has been a thread started about this little girl. Her name is Rylee Simmons and she is the daughter of Jon and Melissa Simmons (Boston Aqua Farms) She has been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and is undergoing treatment as we speak.

As we all know these types of situations not only are stressful emotionally and physically but also financially.

To help pay some of the doctors bills her mom Melissa Simmons is making bracelets. They aren't much but they help out little by little.

I would really like to see PNWMAS as a group help out with this. These are the type of things I like to see from clubs. Maybe a small fundraiser?? Post your ideas here.

Heres the link to it on R2R- http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f94/hey-r2r-lets-help-fellow-hobbyist-45207.html

Also the link to Rylees website- http://www.braceletsforrylee.com/

I watched my best friend battle with this type of Leukemia. It is hard to have to watch what she's going to be going through and fight. On top of it all it would that much harder to have medical bills in the back of your head the whole time. You can count me in on a bracelet! If anyone would like to do a fundraiser of has any ideas on one. I have excess to a number of places to hold one. R-3 if you come up with something just let me know what I can do to help.

What about a small monetary donation for the club?

Is it possible to donate cash to the club and have the club sent the money to them?

Or is that against the club bi-laws?

But I too would be up for a raffle with all proceeds going to them.

I'll be watching to see what is decided.

Raffle?

I think the coral donation w/raffle is a great idea! I would be down to donate some goodies if that is the route that you guys decide to go.

I would be happy to donate some nice piece's to help these folks out.

Ryan I would be happy to help out with this. Thanks Garrett and Jody for offering the donations. I would be happy to pick them up when I head down to Medford Aug 28th. Garrett we could also try to plan to meet you on our way back to get donations.

I was thinking maybe 10 dollar a ticket? Is that too high? What does everyone think? It is for charity after all....

All we need is a paypal account for the money to go, Alex, I know you can make these accounts easily and someone to track everyone who has entered. Beth , Alex, Ryan can you do that?

Would also need to send out a letter to the kind donators for tax purposes!

As far as the drawing, it could happen at one of the meetings. We just need to get some of those raffle tickets.

I could also get a event going down here in Eugene. I have a bar that I will set up with live bands and other entertainment. I'll send the proceeds to you Ryan. I'll post the details on the list when I get them. That and I"m going to talk to my tattooers about doing a % of the tattoos they do on a certain day as well.

I could also get a event going down here in Eugene. I have a bar that I will set up with live bands and other entertainment. I'll send the proceeds to you Ryan. I'll post the details on the list when I get them. That and I"m going to talk to my tattooers about doing a % of the tattoos they do on a certain day as well.

Great idea Ruthie. I am waiting for board approval but will get a paypal account set up as soon as I get the okay from the powers that be.