WTB: Filter socks

NoobtoSalt

So now that I have this new sump installed on my new tank where is the best place to buy 2-4 filter socks? I got one the other day from a LFS and don't have an issue with getting more but wasn't sure if there was some secret place in town to grab them for cheaper than $13 a piece. If not I will just go back and grab some more.

And the other question I guess I have is do you swap out your sock with a LFS or do you wash them? If you wash them what do you do?

I have a few you can have....they came with my sump and I don't use em so they are brand new....I threw like 5 away last weekend

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sweet. I will take you up on the offer.

I'm going to be buying some frags from you so I will just pick them up all at the same time if that's cool.

I stock several varieties and sizes for $6-$7 each :)

I still need to get down to your place one of these days. I was talking to Reefit and he was saying some great things about what you've got.

I wash them myself...go through one every 2-3 days...wash in hot water with bleach, no soap!! Let air dry...turn inside out when you wash to get crap off...

DrMerle

So after I run it through the wash machine with just bleach and let it air dry do you have to rinse it more to get any of the bleach out? Or is it ok to just put it back into the tank. I ran it on sanitze with just bleach.

I still need to get down to your place one of these days. I was talking to Reefit and he was saying some great things about what you've got.

So after I run it through the wash machine with just bleach and let it air dry do you have to rinse it more to get any of the bleach out? Or is it ok to just put it back into the tank. I ran it on sanitze with just bleach.

Hi. That is exactly how i wash my socks too. Except yes, I do rinse them after the bleach, let them air dry and they are good to go. No rinsing after dried. 2-3 days swaps are a great cycle, so have a few on hand so you only wash them all at once once every couple of weeks.

Hi. That is exactly how i wash my socks too. Except yes' date=' I do rinse them after the bleach, let them air dry and they are good to go. No rinsing after dried. 2-3 days swaps are a great cycle, so have a few on hand so you only wash them all at once once every couple of weeks.[/quote']

sweet. This is the first time I've had to deal with the filter socks so I was a little unsure. What's the reasoning to air dry? It's just going to get wet again anyways isn't it??(laugh)

I don't have a back up currently but the sock I have wasn't doing any good anyways as it was completly covered in sand and everything else under the sun..