White Sand Group Buy

Rick

Just saw this as I just moved back here... but would have been interested had I been here earlier. What kind if sand IS this exactly??? I used Pulverized Limestone in my 180 when I set it up back in KS and I HATED it..waaayyy too fine...do you have a link to this sand and where do you order it from? It looks much whiter than the Pulverized stuff I used.

Just saw this as I just moved back here... but would have been interested had I been here earlier. What kind if sand IS this exactly??? I used Pulverized Limestone in my 180 when I set it up back in KS and I HATED it..waaayyy too fine...do you have a link to this sand and where do you order it from? It looks much whiter than the Pulverized stuff I used.

how much are you interested in, i ordered 500lbs of the stuff, probably won't use it all since i'm mixing it into about 300lbs of crushed coral.

well' date=' not sure at the moment, at least 100 lbs or more.... but my tank is in storage until we find a house. I would like a link or some more info about it...if it really is good sand then the price for as big a tank as mine is good.[/quote']

yea thats why i bought some, cause i'm building a 500g display.

All of the information I have on the sand is in the original post. To me it looks the same as the southdown sand. FWIW, last year I did a group buy and sold 3200 lbs. locally so there are several people using it (including me). If your interested in getting some send me a PM and I'll see if I can do anything. (Not sure if he ordered more than I requested or not) I do have a small sample bag that I can bring to the meeting Sunday at the Clownhouse if you would like to take a look at it.

Sand is in now. For everyone that ordered please call me to make arrangements to pick it up. I think everyone has my phone number. If not send me a PM with your number so I can call you.

If anyone else wants to get in on this send me a PM. He inadvertantly ended up with an extra 1000 lbs. which I can get at the same price right now.

Still have a couple of people that need to contact me about picking up their sand.

Note: I still have an extra 600 lbs. which will be available at $16 per 50 lb. bag until Monday. (When I picked it up today he gave me all of it and I'll return whatever isn't sold by then)

Sorry to get in at the end of this....is this sand superfine' date=' will it blow around like crazy?? Any pics of it?[/quote']

It's sugar sized. There is a picture of it in the first post. I don't have any problems with it blowing around unless I direct a power head at it. Even then it just shifts it around some. Here are a couple of pictures I took a couple of days ago. Not really exposed to show the sand but it should still give an idea of what it looks like in the tank.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8975

attachment.php?attachmentid=8976

post-5811-141867757205_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867757209_thumb.jpg