Where did the drama go??

Emerald525

See Kim it was the Noob who issued the gag order

Actually Gill I think they happened simultaneously. Jesse could not pull the thread he could only close it. He probably messaged someone. Mick was the one who saw that the thread was going downhill and pulled it.

I personally would like to see someone that has been around more than 9 months telling members and sponsors how things "are gonna be"' date=' let alone telling them to go somewhere else if they dont like it.[/quote']

thats why i go every where lol (whistle)

Eric, let's have a reality check for a second here. Just because you paid the 50 dollar sponsor fee and call your "company" CA2OR corals, I am willing to bet the majority of the club still views you as a member and not a sponsor. It's fun to play sponsor but really it is no more than a step up from Farmville. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this I am just saying when I refer to a sponsor I am referring to the bigger stores.

what about fred meyer they started out in a push kart and look at them now (scratch)

• Like 1

Not that I am condoning any sharp behavior' date=' but didn't we as a club and as members vote people into these positions? I suppose its like getting a new owner,manager or supervisor. We may not agree with how they do it, or they may have a different path to a common goal or we just respect that they try to put the best interests of the club first.[/quote']

Some positions where filled by default as there was nobody wanting, willing or running against another person-IF I recall correctly- I was wrong once in my life this could be a second time,

and not to suck up or shoot down anyone-their is without question (IMO) some personal issues going on here, yes there are "guidelines and rules" but it is deeper than that, and to say it is not is bull****-Keep it real people

There are some valid points been made and makes a person go "HMMM"????

Hey Kim is this drama enough for ya-(whistle)

You go girl(laugh)

• Like 1

Eric' date=' let's have a reality check for a second here. Just because you paid the 50 dollar sponsor fee and call your "company" CA2OR corals, I am willing to bet the majority of the club still views you as a member and not a sponsor. It's fun to play sponsor but really it is no more than a step up from Farmville. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this I am just saying when I refer to a sponsor I am referring to the bigger stores.[/b']

what about fred meyer they started out in a push kart and look at them now (scratch)

Was not up on Fred Meyer history Moto LOL. Very interesting. Not trying to put him down was just saying he is in a way different level of sponsorship.

Sayng this as a member and not a sponsor, but I strongly believe we should do away with the non profit noise and move on to greener pastures. If you note other sites suuch as R2R and even the NCRA which has less than a hundred members and is like less than a year old, are NOT non profit and ARE much nicer....VB software is up to date, games and such available on the site, and so on

To me, one of the biggest complications here is the whole "non profit" thing. Maybe a "non profit" site shouldn't allow sponsors as ANY and ALL sponsors ARE for profit. Plus then LFS's won't have to worry about giving those pesky discounts to club members.

And before I get flamed for this I DO give discounts to PNWMAS members, keep in mind Reef Central which is by far the largest reefing club or site out there is for profit....and you can't say they aren't doing the same thing we are set out to do in protecting reef's and their inhabitants. R2R charges something like $200 a month or something for sponsors.

But, I am curious over where our fee's go....sponsors and members pay fee's yet we have out dated software and I just don't see where the money goes....which leads me to believe SOMEONE IS profiting. I mean is there a thread where all coral and equipment donations are listed? No. So we have no idea what is or was donated or could be sitting in someones tank. That bothers me. Seems doing this without sharing what was donated means you can keep what you want and give away the rest....at the end of the year....at the Xmas party....after they have grown out and could have been fragged....

I think all donations should be listed in a thread we can all see to enforce the whole non profit stuff to make sure no one is profiting from our donations and fee's.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Eric,

If you have questions about how things are done then just ask. I do not appreciate the accusation of keeping donations for personal gain. Myself and any of the BOD/Officers have nothing to hide and have pretty much always come out and answered questions when asked. For your information a receipt is created for all donations so that a record of what was donated is accounted for.

As far as the money collected from memberships and sponsorships. The club uses that money to help fund the TFT program, partially pay for admittance fees when the club goes to the OCA, Pays for food and rental fees for the BBQ and X-mas party, as well as try to bring speakers to the club functions for all of our education. Again if you are curious just ask don't accuse.

Dave

• Like 1

Re: Where did the drama go??

I believe my first post of the thread was the same as the title....simply asking....then the defensive comment came and my "accusations" were purely pointing out what a defensive attitude brings to mind. Usually when people get defensive there is good reason....just like when you ask and the answer is dodged.

So....to not accuse I will ask again here....what all has been donated and by whom.

For your information a receipt is created for all donations so that a record of what was donated is accounted for.

2 questions

A) then why did Jody have to ask for one for all of his donations if one is automatically made....

B) why hasn't this list been posted yet if it already exsists?

Its a simple thing here....question was asked and dodged or should I say answered defensively....but answered is a bit misleading. Sad that "drama" has to be created to get a simple answer

Jesus....all of this to show some appreciation....you know what....forget it....I don't even wanna know anymore. You guys wanna keep it close then so be it. I guess just saying thank you for whatever you donated is going to have to work and since I only know of one then I thank TECO.

I am only frusterated because if the first response was Dave's I would have been totally content.....but it wasn't. Dave, you,Grassi, Impur and the rest of the board are doing great....I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question. But honestly I don't care anymore. Too much fighting to figure this out. All I honestly wanted to do was give the members an idea of how our sponsors have contributed to the club....but I guess that led to accusations flying both ways.

Garrett....as always you are right....cooler heads will prevail

If that was all you wanted you could have asked instead of accuse. I have compiled a list of all sponsors in the BOD forum and it will take some time to put it together. This isn't something that can be put together in a couple hours.....

You asked for this info at 9:30 this morning and Jen hasn't even been online for us to discuss this with her.

You keep referencing TECO. Was your reference regarding a donation for sponsorship or to the GOC?

I just wanted to see this thread over 1000 views...

Give the board some time to get the info. You can't expect them to jump when we say jump. They have real lives outside of the forums just like the rest of us..

Well hopefully more lives than some of us on here...lol

In my opinion we should not try to exclude the sponsors from the threads. There knowledge and insight is invaluable to all of us. I believe it is there right to defend them selves as well. Another option to consider and let me preface this by saying that not knowing the forums finances I have no idea if this is practical. Anyways here goes, you could just let the sponsor contracts run out and then not renew any of them. With 29 sponsors at $50 a year the annual loss of revenue would be $1450. This I think makes more sense then locking them out of discussions.

However I really don't think this is in anyway necessary. If this experience has taught me anything it's that I am free to express my thoughts in this forum. I applaud the board for there decision to bring back the thread, i'm certain it could not have been easy since I doubt all (if any) of them agree with what I had to say. I feel it will be hard for the sponsors to bully us so long as we are not silenced. If they do call us names like "trolls" and the thread stays for all to see, then we as members and customers will see their true colors and will be able to judge them accordingly.

Rejoice people free speech won out over influence!!!!!

Why when someone asks something does everyone jump??? This is a reef/marine club. A measly group of about 75 active people. This isnt life and it shouldnt be treated this way. No one is getting cheated or getting the shaft.

Eric if you have questions about how this club spends money pm an officer or board member. I feel I have been MORE that adequate about responding back to any issues anyone has pmed me about.

That is what we have pms for. We are all adults and we should have a little amount of respect for each other. If you have a question the you know will stir it up pm someone about it. Also allow adequate time for someone to respond. Most people are not on these forums all day long. Also pm more than one officer or board member for better success. I just think this stuff should be common knowledge.

As for the list of sponsors that have donated go back and search every Christmas Party and BBQ we have had. The threads are still there with donations listed for most things. Sometimes sponsors add a little to the pot at these events and they might not be posted about in the threads.

Once and for all the Officers and board members of this forum are not here to SERVE PNWMAS member!! They are here to work with everyone. Just remember they are donating their precious time to this site with nothing in return!

• Like 1

Jesus....all of this to show some appreciation....you know what....forget it....I don't even wanna know anymore. You guys wanna keep it close then so be it. I guess just saying thank you for whatever you donated is going to have to work and since I only know of one then I thank TECO.

Again for those that think I am singling Eric this is not true but when people start speaking in "double talk" I am going to call them out. Feel free to do the same to me. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I mean that sincerely. When I post here you have every right to flame me if what I says does not agree with you.

Eric you are one of the more vocal people and again I would value your opinions more if you would stick with them.

I am calling bs right now. Your reason for posting about the donations was not at all to show appreciation. I know exactly what you are getting at. When you mention donations you specifically want to know what happened to the donations from Jody for the most recent sps growout competition. Not because you want to show your appreciation because this has already been done. You and I both know Frank was responsible for collecting those prizes so if you have concerns about that then message the board and talk to Frank. I also know a great deal about the history of the GOC.

But, I am curious over where our fee's go...I just don't see where the money goes....which leads me to believe SOMEONE IS profiting. I mean is there a thread where all coral and equipment donations are listed? No. So we have no idea what is or was donated or could be sitting in someones tank. That bothers me. Seems doing this without sharing what was donated means you can keep what you want and give away the rest....at the end of the year....at the Xmas party....after they have grown out and could have been fragged....

I think all donations should be listed in a thread we can all see to enforce the whole non profit stuff to make sure no one is profiting from our donations and fee's.

Not only are you trying to call out Frank but you are also accusing the board or someone of hanging on to the fees. I take offense to that because I know Jenchild manages the funds and am not the least bit worried that she or the other board members have booked a trip to Vegas and somehow made off with the money. I agree with the donations being mentioned not because I am worried that someone is hoarding them all but because in all honesty I forgot what all the goc prizes were. What pisses me off is you make an accusation and then act all "hurt" and "innocent" when people get angry. As the saying goes...people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

In my opinion we should not try to exclude the sponsors from the threads. There knowledge and insight is invaluable to all of us. I believe it is there right to defend them selves as well. Another option to consider and let me preface this by saying that not knowing the forums finances I have no idea if this is practical. Anyways here goes, you could just let the sponsor contracts run out and then not renew any of them. With 29 sponsors at $50 a year the annual loss of revenue would be $1450. This I think makes more sense then locking them out of discussions.

However I really don't think this is in anyway necessary. If this experience has taught me anything it's that I am free to express my thoughts in this forum. I applaud the board for there decision to bring back the thread, i'm certain it could not have been easy since I doubt all (if any) of them agree with what I had to say. I feel it will be hard for the sponsors to bully us so long as we are not silenced. If they do call us names like "trolls" and the thread stays for all to see, then we as members and customers will see their true colors and will be able to judge them accordingly.

Rejoice people free speech won out over influence!!!!!

What?????????????

sponsors and members pay fee's yet we have out dated software and I just don't see where the money goes

Eric,

The outdated software is no fault of the board. The board voted to buy the new license, but it was my decision to wait until most of the new bugs were worked out. I was planning on upgrading the forums to 4.0.5 on my vacation next week. I will post the date of the upgrade as the forums will be down for a while.

I can also address the non-profit issue. When the club was formed we set up the PNWMAS as a non profit corporation with the Sect of State and the Dept of Justice Charitable Division. We had planned on becoming a 501©3 soon after. At that time the board voted down putting the paperwork through due to cost and paperwork headaches. Now the DOJ has asked us to complete the paperwork or they could deny us our charitable status. Our best course of action would be to complete the 501©3 paperwork and make it official.

I think I still have some of the older financial records ( all except last year I believe ) if you would like to see them.

Jay

• Like 1

I think I still have some of the older financial records ( all except last year I believe ) if you would like to see them.

Jay

Why does he need to see it? Is he an expert on 501c3's??? I just dont get why we have to bow down and kiss peoples shoes after they accuse the club of stealing.

This is one thing I would like to address.

FIRST AND FOREMOST the GOC's and sponsorship are 2 totally separate entities. A sponsor either donates money or product/gift certificates for their sponsorship to the club. That donation allows them to host their own forum and post in it as well as a rotating banner.

If a sponsor chooses to donate to the GOC it is of their own free doing. It in no way impacts their sponsorship and the BOD/Officers is not going to track that info. IF you choose to recognize that in the GOC forum that is your business as it is not a sponsorship item.

I in no way want to discredit sponsor donations to the GOC. Jody for one has donated a lot of nice items and deserves thanks. It's just that it appears that you're lumping the 2 items together and they are separate.