Where did the drama go??

Emerald525

It's gone! Where did it go?:eek: I was prepared to write a response to Noobtosalt's thread about the nanoreef losing one of its vendors and it is gone...

Really? really?

There were some good points in the thread... Sure it got a little personal towards nanoreef but other vendors were mentioned as well so I don't think they were singled out and I appreciated the opposing views and thoughts.

It was good to hear other people speak up and has really made me think.

I can see both sides. I really can and I do support several local fish stores and I have vowed to resist impulse buying on ebay from places that do not support this forum.

And yes we are quite saturated. I am within 5 minutes of 3 local fish stores which is crazy!(nutty)

All I have to say is...:

Bring back the thread

It's been moved to the moderator thread for now before it got out of hand' date=' if the mods feel it's ok to be brought back it will.[/quote']

You pulled the thread Mick!(laugh) You really are turning over a new leaf...(clap)

Well in my opinion.. which doesn't mean anything since I'm not a mod, not an officer and not on the board it should stay. Sure Gill personally stated his feelings about the nanoreef but his opinion was asked so I say that's fair. Sunlight supply ( was that the vendor?) I think so was also mentioned.

On the one hand I totally get how underselling your competition can be hard on some of the more established local fish stores. On the other hand it annoys the crap out of me that certain businesses cry "foul" and freak out with every group buy.

There's got to be a balance and I just don't know what it is.

This isn't reef central you know...:p

Well certain parts could be deleted if they seemed to inflammatory but in all honesty It was helpful for me to see more light on the subject. I did not think anything was too inflammatory.

I know many of the local fish stores are struggling but I just assumed a big part of this was just the poor economy in general. Like I said before, how many posts have we seen about people having to get out of the hobby?

I know many of the local fish stores are struggling but I just assumed a big part of this was just the poor economy in general. Like I said before, how many posts have we seen about people having to get out of the hobby?

Agreed. I've said this before. The LFS exist because of the hobbiest and unless they can give the hobbiest what they need at an affordable price in this economy then they will either get out of the hobby (which many are doing) or go elsewhere.

• Like 1

seems to me some sponsors are not likeing one person giving a good deal do i smell greed? or they are mad they the other person is taking there business but hay that's life right i say bring it back and let the strong survive and we can watch the week suffer lol

WE NEED TO SEPERATE THE SPONSORS FROM THE FORUMS.

THEY ARE HERE TO MAKE A LIVING AND A PROFIT.

THAT CONFLICT WITH WHAT THIS CLUB IS ABOUT.

I see your point Jon but I also have found much of what the sponsors post here very helpful. There is a long list of sponsors and only a handful that are complaining.

I just feel more like people sometime jumps to quickly to "protect" a sponsors and I tend to be on the other side of protect the hobbyist and let them learn from my personal experience. It is a fine line of flaming and constructive criticism.

I feel since Ryan did quote Gill in the thread then that opened him up to whatever Gill had to say.

I'm not saying name calling and bashing just honesty.

seems to me some sponsors are not likeing one person giving a good deal do i smell greed? or they are mad they the other person is taking there business but hay that's life right i say bring it back and let the strong survive and we can watch the week suffer lol

Again Moto, I'm not sure if it is greed or if it is just protecting one's livelihood. That's why I wanted the thread to be continued. Even the strong and good businesses may not survive if someone is continuously underselling products.

However, I also am tired of feeling guilty when I try to set up a group buy or find ways to save money here and there. I don't feel like the occasional group buy is going to break the bank and it truly irritates the crap out of me to feel like I need to go to confession (Catholic upbringing) every time I buy dry goods or equipment cheaply.

I agree with Gill there is something to be said for seeing things in person and having the local access but I also feel some online places particularly Jody provides a great product, is honest and fair to deal with and has done so much for this forum.

I think we should start a poll to bring my thread back! I see both sides to the issue. The problem is that I've seen threads get knocked off here for far less than what was said between either groups last night. I think the only fair way to settle this is to give me frags for my tank.... Sorry got side tracked.

Some of you on here may think still with me sticking up for the nano reef that I've known him for a long time. I met him when his shop opened up. I visit his shop and. Patricks weekly. Sure I'm a little selfish in not being able to get the lights but I think there is more to it than that. The vendor said he was informed of the group buy which means someone complained about it. From what I see patricks shop is doing just fine. A light group buy isn't going to affect his paycheck. Maybe the other shops are hurting but in this economy more shops should consider doing group buys. You make money and your customers are happy.

You don't always make money on group buys, sometimes you even lose money.

And he said he was informed, said vendor is a member here, nanoreef posted about the group buy in the public forums. Finding out about it is quite easy in that case. No one had to inform anyone about it. Also, if a store is violating a MAP, the vendor is well within their rights to yank said store's distributorship and thats on the store that violated said MAP, the vendor himself posted in the thread you started about. Thats the bottom line.

• Like 1

Re: Where did the drama go??

I am a sponsor sop does that include me? Or Garrett?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Seems to me its turning into rc in here.

I agree with said statement.

I also agree with this to a point, problem is half the vendors are people that are also members.

• Like 1

I think we should start a poll to bring my thread back! I see both sides to the issue. The problem is that I've seen threads get knocked off here for far less than what was said between either groups last night. I think the only fair way to settle this is to give me frags for my tank.... Sorry got side tracked.

Some of you on here may think still with me sticking up for the nano reef that I've known him for a long time. I met him when his shop opened up. I visit his shop and. Patricks weekly. Sure I'm a little selfish in not being able to get the lights but I think there is more to it than that. The vendor said he was informed of the group buy which means someone complained about it. From what I see patricks shop is doing just fine. A light group buy isn't going to affect his paycheck. Maybe the other shops are hurting but in this economy more shops should consider doing group buys. You make money and your customers are happy.

I agree here as well. We hit up three LFS on saturday because each store offered something we needed now. I don't shop at one store all the time, i spread it around. but i will go back to a store that I feel welcome at and feel like i'm being taken care of. I love the fact that I can get a killer deal on a group buy, but with group buy's theres always drawbacks, waiting, selection is limited typically. So do i participate daily in group buys? no. when i need something now, i hit up my LFS of choice and hit the road.

If a group buy is going to mess up someones buisness they should close the doors now and I like nanoreef for trying to help and will stop there when I'm in portland this weekend

Well said. I'm going to make it a point to get over there as I haven't done so yet. I would love to find another LFS in the immediate area I trust.

Thanks to everyone who supports my freedome of speach. I have to admit I was a little upset at being silenced. You may not agree with what I have to say but IMO I have the right to express my opinion in an open forum.

while we are on the subject of free expression I have to ask whut's up with the nazi stuff Bob??? LOL (I hope???)

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who supports my freedome of speach. I have to admit I was a little upset at being silenced. You may not agree with what I have to say but IMO I have the right to express my opinion in an open forum.

while we are on the subject of free expression I have to ask whut's up with the nazi stuff Bob??? LOL (I hope???)

After I made the comment about you bashing a sponsor you pm'd me to apologize for being heated. So for you to post that you were upset is a little two faced... IMO........ I don't have an issue with you. You seemed like a nice guy but state the facts and don't give out any fluff to make yourself sound better. I've told it like it was without disrepecting everyone but now I'm getting upset!